Trying to figure out my Stall?

dlafont

I need some help..

I just have swapped out my converter from an Orange Stripe to a Vigilante 5 disk. I amd not positive what my stalls should be for either however I am wondering if anybody has the same results as I do for these two converters.

I put my transbrake on and revved until I saw 0psi boost:

For my Orange Stripe I got 2150 rpm @ 0 psi boost
and
for my Vigilante I got 2600 @ 0 psi boost.

Does this seem correct? Seems low to me seeings I though my Vigilante was 3000 stall???

thanks in advance :)

usually they are determined at 5 psi. you need to make some torque to get them to stall. thats why a big block can rev higher than a small block when brake torqueing it. so your orange stripe should be 2600 and 3200 for the vig.

Thanks... Confirmed today stall for my Vigilante 5 disk was 3150rpm @ 5psi boost.

Thats more like it.

The vigs that stalls to 2600@ zero will couple a lot better than the ones that go to 3200@ zero but still nothing like a good NL unless you are locking it WOT. I wouldnt expect quick spoolup at all without a transbrake with your combo either unless you leave the nitrous on there. With that cam and turbo you want it to flash to 5200 or so and sit there as long as possible if you want the fastest e.t.'s