Trying again to sell the Grand Camino

al shapiro

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Trying it again. I re-listed the Grand Camino. It is back on eBay. You can see it here.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/122232134529?forcerRptr=true&item=122232134529&viewitem=

Am I not seeing something that some may say is obvious? $55K for a 'Frankenstein' GN when a real and original GN can be purchased for $25-$30K less! By no means am I bashing because I love the project/vehicle but I can not wrap my head around the asking price.

Remember OP I am not bashing. ;)

You are the gift that keeps on giving :stop:
Thank you as common sense is often the forgotten path. ;)

Opinions are just that, just an opinion, and just because I joined early this year does not mean this subject matter is new news to me. I did say publicly that I love the vehicle as well as saying that I was not bashing in any form or fashion. My opinion is not wrong though and I hope the seller gets his asking price.

Opinions are just that, just an opinion, and just because I joined early this year does not mean this subject matter is new news to me. I did say publicly that I love the vehicle as well as saying that I was not bashing in any form or fashion. My opinion is not wrong though and I hope the seller gets his asking price.

If calling this car a "Frankenstein GN" isn't bashing then I don't know what is. I think the guy has a right to ask what ever he wants without negative comments. Unless you have something positive to say I'd hope you keep your "opinions" to yourself.

Remember what Thumper said in Bambi, "if you can't say somethin nice, than don't say nuthin at all".

I think it is time for a Moderator to step in and school newbie texasmr2 on the rules of posting on this forum. He has done this on more than one thread in the "cars for sale" section and it serves no purpose. Sorry "Op for posting this in your ad but it needs to be addressed and not allowed to continue.

Are the two bottom pictures from before the conversion to a front mount intercooler?

This has a unicorn 017 block. What is the difference between the 4.1 016 and the 017 blocks?

Just curious. Awesome car btw.

Back on topic. Let's respect the ad and refrain from voicing opinions. If you don't agree with the price move on.

Am I not seeing something that some may say is obvious? $55K for a 'Frankenstein' GN when a real and original GN can be purchased for $25-$30K less! By no means am I bashing because I love the project/vehicle but I can not wrap my head around the asking price.

Remember OP I am not bashing. ;)

OP - my apologies for the interruption here! As I love your car and wish I had the cash to buy it! And it is quite obvious that you have thrown the a boat load cash at that thing! Beautiful car! So many kudos and GLWS!

Mods / My Fellow Turbo Buick Owners - please forgive me, as I just have to say this!! My apologies!!

texasmr2,
Man, I'm not "bashing", but, on the cars for sale post (right before this), you were dogging on some guy, for what appeared to be some form of interest in a vehicle. Basically beating on him for doing what you are doing here! Then Flip the page and now here you on this guy's post bashing his car (for what reason I have no clue whatsoever).

And dude if I'm not mistaken you don't even own a darn Turbo Buick, now do you?

So just who in the fire truck do you think you are, coming on this guy's post and dogging his car and pounding on him over his asking price? And I'm fairly certainly that's a violation of forum rules. It's also a violation of "common sense" (regardless of what you might want to infer) when it's quite clear that he's spent a gazillion dollars on this thing! And he can ask whatever he wants for his Turbo Buick Beast! And hey at least he owns one, right? But, here you are "bashing" on this man's stuff. And yet, as far I know you have never even owned one of these cars, have you?

Well, I'm sorry, but, dude you really should STFU!

And look I'm not "bashing" at all, as I'm just offering my "opinion" and everybody knows what they say about those, right? So look dude it's ok if you ride the short bus, however, you really don't have any business coming on here offering up something when clearly your "opinion" means, uhh, nothing!

Cause dude as I've said, you don't even own one, now do you? So why don't you go play in the traffic? Or perhaps you should go spout off on the BMW forum? At least you seem to own one of those? That is, unless that's your moms car??

Either way, you owe this gentleman an apology!

Folks again my apologies! As I'm not a jerk! However, sometimes you just have to take the bull by the horns. And seeing this was a wee bit too much for me. So I apologize for my lack of political correctness, however, texasmr2 appeared to need a Trumpism and maybe it is not my place to do so. But, right, wrong or indifferent, at least I own a Turbo Buick!!

Nice car OP! GLWS!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk