Trouble with ANS

Michael McCoy

Has anyone else had trouble with Pete Barton from ANS? I ask this because he's yet to pay for the $720 worth of parts I sent him back on March 28th & 29th. He said he would bring the $$ & other parts to me at the Nats (after having to wait that long) & that never happened. I've known & dealt with Pete for many years now & I've never had a problem sending him parts before he pays for them in the past. I sent a letter to him 2.5 weeks ago stating that I needed to get the $$ by the 17th of this month or I would have to sue him for it. He's yet to send anything to me, so I left a message on his machine yesterday explaining how the $720 worth of parts would now cost him alot more. I guess he's made of $$ & doesn't care if he ends up in the same illustrious group of TR "winners" that have come & gone over the years. If anyone knows him, please reiterate my intentions of obtaining my $$ the legal way. Thanks.

Hey mike im sorry to hear that and I once had problems with pete but he did get my motor to me which runs excellent

Johnny

I know that if you post this in the chicago forms theres some really stand up guys that will try to help you resolve this

Thanks for the info Johnny.

Thanks to all the other folks who emailed me also.

One guy called & left a message saying Pete was closing his doors in 2 weeks, so any help getting our $$ is greatly appreciated.

Michael McCoy said:
Thanks for the info Johnny.

Thanks to all the other folks who emailed me also.

One guy called & left a message saying Pete was closing his doors in 2 weeks, so any help getting our $$ is greatly appreciated.

Talk to "TWIN 93 SVT", he may be able to speak to Pete directly for you.

Mike Mccoy:

I Am Truly Sorry For The Inconvience That This Matter Has Caused You. I Have Many Things Going On At This Point In Time And I Didn't Think That $ 720.00 Worth Of Used Trim Pieces Would Cause You To Lose Sleep. As You Previously Stated I Have Dealt With You For Many Years And I "always" Make Good On Any Deal That I Am Involved In. I Will Be Shipping You Each Any Every One Of The Parts That You Initially Shipped To Me. Fell Free To Contact Me So That I Can Relay The Tracking Number To You. The Parts That You Shipped Were Of Inferior Quality And To Be Honest With You Only A Person Of Minimal Intelligence Would Pay You Your Asking Price For Them. Good Luck And Best Wishes With Everything That You Do Because Selling Salvaged Parts For, Or As Part Of A Living Has To Be A Very Stressful Job.

Cordially,

Pete Barton
Ans Performance & Engineering

ANSPETE said:
Mike Mccoy:

I Am Truly Sorry For The Inconvience That This Matter Has Caused You. I Have Many Things Going On At This Point In Time And I Didn't Think That $ 720.00 Worth Of Used Trim Pieces Would Cause You To Lose Sleep. As You Previously Stated I Have Dealt With You For Many Years And I "always" Make Good On Any Deal That I Am Involved In. I Will Be Shipping You Each Any Every One Of The Parts That You Initially Shipped To Me. Fell Free To Contact Me So That I Can Relay The Tracking Number To You. The Parts That You Shipped Were Of Inferior Quality And To Be Honest With You Only A Person Of Minimal Intelligence Would Pay You Your Asking Price For Them. Good Luck And Best Wishes With Everything That You Do Because Selling Salvaged Parts For, Or As Part Of A Living Has To Be A Very Stressful Job.

Cordially,

Pete Barton

< check >
One less TR vendor I will deal with.

Wow!! :eek: I always heard you were a good guy pete... if they were such ***** parts why did you take so long to get ahold of this man and then say you were sending them back?

Pete I have also heard that you are closing up, its been making its way around here in IL, say it ain't so? :(

I don't see why you would wait so long and string Mike out if you were not satisified with what you have received. Thats a cop out answer if I have ever heard one before. If something is not to my likens, then as soon as I got the package and opened it, I would call and express my disaproval of the parts received. Not wait and wait and promise to bring money to BG and not honour your word. You should have taped back up the box and sent it back with a email or phone call explaining what your course of action was. Just sending back the parts alone now does not justify anything after such a long period of time. You should come good on Mike's shipping expenses aswell. You handled it poorly bottom line, whether the parts were good or not. Nobody likes getting stiffed whether its $50 or $720. And hunting you down for this given length of time is just ridiculus, busy or not, that is no excuse. I too call it like I see it. ;)

ttypewhite said:
I don't see why you would wait so long and string Mike out if you were not satisified with what you have received. Thats a cop out answer if I have ever heard one before. If something is not to my likens, then as soon as I got the package and opened it, I would call and express my disaproval of the parts received. Not wait and wait and promise to bring money to BG and not honour your word. You should have taped back up the box and sent it back with a email or phone call explaining what your course of action was. Just sending back the parts alone now does not justify anything after such a long period of time. You should come good on Mike's shipping expenses aswell. You handled it poorly bottom line, whether the parts were good or not. Nobody likes getting stiffed whether its $50 or $720. And hunting you down for this given length of time is just ridiculus, busy or not, that is no excuse. I too call it like I see it. ;)

DITTO!!!!!!!!

Triple Ditto.

Dealt with Mike several times over the years and always received useable parts, if there were ever an issue or question he's only an email away. :)

I'd lose sleep over $720 if I had a few kids to feed. :eek:

WOW. See what happens when you have to mow grass all day & don't check tb.com!

Thanks guys for the "dittos" first off & now I'll tell it like it is.

Pete I wish you would have done as I told you to 3 weeks after you got the parts & just sent them back to me. Since I never got any $$ from you after 3 weeks of you having the parts, I called you & you said you guys were only going to use the rr. window trim. I said forget it & just send it all back. A week later you called & said you were now going to use $430 worth of parts & the remainder would be sent back. Time passed by & still nothing arrived, so I asked you to send the $$ to Poston's & to send the other parts back. Poston's never got the $$, so I said just bring the parts to me in BG as I'll be there working all week. Well that never happened either. I sent you a letter 3 weeks ago asking that you send the $$ & the other parts back by the 17th or I would have no other recourse but to handle it in a court of law. I called you several times over the past few days & also left a message asking that you please handle this issue now. Please do send my parts back, as well as the $30 needed to cover the UPS shipping, handling, & insurance charges I paid 2 months ago. Thanks for your time & interest Pete & I too hope you have a long & an unstressful life.

I have dealt with Pete 2 different times,,one was excellent(2.5 yrs ago),the other was hounding him to get Johnny's motor done(more recent) .....But I call it like I see the pattern of going down hill....

DITTO

I don't see why you would wait so long and string Mike out if you were not satisified with what you have received. Thats a cop out answer if I have ever heard one before. If something is not to my likens, then as soon as I got the package and opened it, I would call and express my disaproval of the parts received. Not wait and wait and promise to bring money to BG and not honour your word. You should have taped back up the box and sent it back with a email or phone call explaining what your course of action was. Just sending back the parts alone now does not justify anything after such a long period of time. You should come good on Mike's shipping expenses aswell. You handled it poorly bottom line, whether the parts were good or not. Nobody likes getting stiffed whether its $50 or $720. And hunting you down for this given length of time is just ridiculus, busy or not, that is no excuse. I too call it like I see it.

Oh sorry, we should all be crying about losing another vendor right :rolleyes:

How long till someone says "whatever happened to going fast with class"? LOL OOOOOPPPPs I just said it!!! LOL

To Whom Ever Is Concerned:

It Is Really Great To See That Everyone Has So Much Time On Their Hands To Comment On Situations That Don't Even Concern Them. The Fact Of The Matter Is That There Is A Lot More To The Story Than A Thread Posted By Mike Mcoy Or Myself Could Ever Relay. The Good Thing Is That Their Are Only Two Parties Involved, Mike Mccoy And Myself. Everyone Else Who Is Concerned With Situations Not Pertaining To Them Fell Free To M.y.o.b. If You To Choose To Comment, Comment To Someone Who Cares (not Myself).

Pete Barton

ANSPETE said:
To Whom Ever Is Concerned:

It Is Really Great To See That Everyone Has So Much Time On Their Hands To Comment On Situations That Don't Even Concern Them. The Fact Of The Matter Is That There Is A Lot More To The Story Than A Thread Posted By Mike Mcoy Or Myself Could Ever Relay. The Good Thing Is That Their Are Only Two Parties Involved, Mike Mccoy And Myself. Everyone Else Who Is Concerned With Situations Not Pertaining To Them Fell Free To M.y.o.b. If You To Choose To Comment, Comment To Someone Who Cares (not Myself).

Pete Barton

The power of the internet! Yes, it concerns us with vendors of the board. That's a poor atitude for a vendor and a person that is suppose to support the Buick Community.

Is that true...ANS is closing it's doors? I had some work I would have liked done, and I was going to head down there because I had heard they're the best around. Great...now where do I go?