trouble shooting guru's

turbo todd

Yeah its a BUICK!!
Guys, need help with this one. Car started running funny likes its missing just before it shifts to the next gear. Also idle is a little ruff. It was time for plug change anyway. Plugs that came out looked good. A little black but it runs rich because of the thrasher chip. T.p.s. voltage is good (.44- 4.58) iac is 20 in gear 13 in park. No codes, no vacuume leaks that I can find. Blm's lock at 128 at idle, due to the thrasher. Headers are tight, and so is crossover. 50% of the time when I pull off from a stop she spits like its going back through the T.B. Fuel pressure is 45 line off. Also she increases 1 for 1 under boost. When I shut her off, fuel pressure go's back to 0 in about 20 to 25 min.
Could it be a fuel volume thing or fuel filter?
I have the type 2 coils, and they ohm good. plug wires ohm good to. Oh yea it will tip in while in park just giving it some gas.
thanks for any answers.

If your pressure is rising with boost, I wouldnt think it would be a fuel problem. Maybe give the maf the tap test, or swap out with a known good one. Good luck!

Maybe your ecm is on the blink? If you have a tr buddy close by swap that out to see. Egr maybe? I know how hard it is to track that kinda thing down, just throwing some things I can think of out there.

chip?

I think I'll put the t92 chip in and see if that helps. Has any one had a chip go bad after its ran good for awhile?
If that ant it I'll have to try the ecm swap. thanks

no change

Took out the t100 and put in the t92. No change. If I stall it up it will cut out. Slow to build boost. Once rpm's get up it spools ok. I pulled off one plug wire at a time, ran worse each time. Still have no clue what it could be. Help!! thanks, Todd.

springs

Valve springs are new. But I'm at the point ware I need to take the valve cover off and see if any thing is wrong. thanks, Todd.

You said new maf. Who's maf is it. Some of the remanufactored mafs are bad right out of the box. Only sure way is to go with an lt1/ls1 maf.

maf

The maf passes the tap test. But its the hour glass shaped one. This might push me into the t+ ls1/lt1 maf setup. Keep them coming. It's got to be something simple that I'm just overlooking. Thanks, Todd

Tap test is not a sure fire way of diagnosing a bad maf, just a simple procedure that "sometimes" may indicate a failing maf. Start the car, then unplug the maf see if your idle changes. Never seen an hour glass shaped maf myself.

help is on the way for Turbo Todd

Will be driving the seven miles or so to Turbo Todd's house this p.m. to help him with his car. We'll take the known good MAF off my TR (stocker which specs exceptionally) and try it out. I also have a new A-1 Cardone MAF we'll try. Hope that's his prob but I suspect fuel pump possibly if not. We'll report back so that the info may help someone else out. Grandpa's car to the rescue!:D

Grandpa car to the rescue

Evans came over with the maf sensor. Put it on and cured it right away!! Thanks Evans! Liked we talked about tonight, I think I'm going with the translater, or t+. I already have the 3 inch lt1 maf, just need the translater.
Thanks everyone for the help!!! Again thanks Evans for all your help. Todd.