Trick Shift Synthetic Fluid ?

V6UnderPressure

The Artist FKA Scott4DMny
I have read posts about many users using synthetic trans fluid with good results. I actually asked bruce and he does not recommend this fluid. I awaited a reply on why but never got one. (Bruce was probably just busy) eh Bruce?!:D Anywho, I am just curious how this would work. I used to use Regular trick shift in my other Regal with GREAT results, and the Synthetic I hear is great, but have not had much luck doing searches on people using it. (Its pretty new) Not to mention, on the front is says formulated for use with late model transmissions. Not sure how "late" ours are. I got about 14 quarts of it from my buddy for free and would like to try it but wondered what issues any have had with it? I will be running, PTS shift kit, PTS shallow pan kit, 13 vane pump, B&M Trans cooler, ATI 3200 Non-lock converter, etc. Any help or opinions would be great guys!

Scott

Never heard good things about synthetic tranny fluid for our racing appliclation. I use regular Type F.

Im running Royal Purple Synthetic

Trans has maybe 700 miles on it right now, so I cant say anything either for or against it except it was like 9 bucks a quart! :eek: . Actually I think the idea behind the synthethic is that it will not break down as quickly compared to regular trans fluid under real hard use. The temps can get pretty high so a lil added insurance cant hurt. Hell the trans was $1,200 whats another $100 for good fluid.

the b&m trick shift is type-f trans fluid. so you dont have to pay the b&m price....

found a sweet deal on the trick shift, just wait for the stuff to go on sale somewhere, i got it for 3$ a QT. But the sale is already over and they sold out of it. Glad I got my 4 QT's for under 15$ :biggrin:

yeah I found the synthetic trick shift for around 4.75 a quart at pep boys. At that time I think summit had it for around 8-9 bucks. So I picked up 12 quarts. I would just like an opinion if anyone used it. I used it in a turbo 350 and DAMN did it make a difference. And that tranny took a beating! I knwo the 200r4 is different but would like to hear results.

Scott