Transmission wont shift.

rickyracer01

So the other day i was driving my GN around town like normal. I got hungry so i decided to stop at Wendy's for a bite to eat. Went through the drive-thru, ordered my food, and was ready to leave. While leaving the parking lot i noticed my car started to rev pretty high and wouldn't shift into 2nd. I pulled over, checked the fluids, check the TV cable and everything looked fine. Turned off the car for 20 minutes ( while i ate my food) to let it cool off. Started the car again and the car will not shift out of first gear. I even tried to shift manually and nothing. So either my tranny is roasted or does some know what the issue can be? I'm pretty good with my hands so might be something i can fix.

Drop the pan, look for the governor spring it may have come off. I would also grab the tv cable by hand and pull it through it's range a few times. If all that fails you may have a stuck valve in the valve body.

Drop the pan, look for the governor spring it may have come off. I would also grab the tv cable by hand and pull it through it's range a few times. If all that fails you may have a stuck valve in the valve body.
X2,Just went through same thing and my governor spring and check balls were in the pan.

i will be dropping the pan first thing Sunday morning. I'll let you know what i find.

sorry i forgot to update. the issue was in fact the governor spring. i pulled it down and both check balls fell out. put it all back together with a new spring and tranny shifts back to normal.