Transmission shifting problems

chrisgn6

Had my transmission rebuilt by a shop. Billet servo, shift kit ( don't know which kind) pump, ect..... The problem I'm having now is that it seems to be stuck in the gears to long. When it does shift it shifts very hard. When I go from park to drive it engages very hard. Then on a random day it shifts fine. But for the last week it's been not doing do well. Took it back to the shop and the mechanic kept it over night. Called me and told me it was nothing on his part but he did see debris in the oil and it's probably caught up in the valves and that's causing the shifting problems. He said I should flush the system and get an external tranny cooler. What do you guys think. The thing is shifting way to hard and at high rpm's (4500) to be just some debris.

I will play around with the cable tomorrow. Currently at work. Thanks mike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had my transmission rebuilt by a shop. Billet servo, shift kit ( don't know which kind) pump, ect..... The problem I'm having now is that it seems to be stuck in the gears to long. When it does shift it shifts very hard. When I go from park to drive it engages very hard. Then on a random day it shifts fine. But for the last week it's been not doing do well. Took it back to the shop and the mechanic kept it over night. Called me and told me it was nothing on his part but he did see debris in the oil and it's probably caught up in the valves and that's causing the shifting problems. He said I should flush the system and get an external tranny cooler. What do you guys think. The thing is shifting way to hard and at high rpm's (4500) to be just some debris.
Sounds like a good shifting trans to me, stage trannies shouldn't feel like a seamless Cvt..

I understand that but it shifts to hard and at to high of a rpm for me. Before it shifted around 2-2300

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UPDATE! I installed an external oil cooler for my trans, old (RAD COOLER) had debris, I THINK! that's what I was told. Then I played around with the TV cable. Tranny is shifting nice and firm. But the only thing I don't like is that it seems to hold the first gear a little too long before hitting 2nd. 3200 rpm or a lil higher. Just cruising about 25 mph I don't like the hard shifting. But when I'm on the gas pedal a little harder it feels good.. also My car idles around 1000 rpm. It should be lower than that right? How do I turn the idle down if need be. I do have a TT chip from Eric.. Still need exhaust work due to leaks so I don't floor it, ( loss of boost pressure), that will be my next project. But maybe when I fix my exhaust leaks and get my power back, my tranny may feel better?