transbrake what one to get and does it kill the trans faster

Unless...

transbrake what one to get and were to get it . does it kill the trans faster

the trans has all the "good stuff" in it, that brake could kill it on the first try..Assuming U R talking about the 200-4R:eek: But, that's just my opinion...:D

Without billet internals and when using a transbrake failure is almost guaranteed at your power level.When the brake is applied engine torque ,multiplied by the converter at stall speed is trying to snap the stationary input shaft ,the overdrive carrier the input shaft drives ,the ring gear the overdrive carrier drives and the forward drum shaft that the ring gear drives.During this phase of operation all the engine torque is applied to these components and any looseness at mating points and the natural torsional twist of materials under maximum load and the weakest point will give.At your power level ,WITHOUT a brake you should have at least a billet shaft forward drum.

what do u think it will cost to make a trans that would work with a transbrakes and the power i got

Is that why I see so many going from 200-4R to TH400? Because they'll handle the abuse of a trans brake better than a 200-4R all things being equal?

There's no equal comparison between the 2004R & 400. The 400 is just a much stronger trans from the factory.

I hear you there. I know a lot of people who drag race switch to a TH400 because their sturdier. But aren't there some that are running 10's in the 1/4 on a 200-4R in their TR's?

There are many running faster than that with 2004R's. It's just much easier & cheaper to build a 400 to take that kind of abuse.

The only negative to transbrake use is the heat build-up during stall conditions, and that would be substantionally reduced if proper converter is selected to where you would spend the least amount of time "on the converter". People foot-braking with too big of turbo and too tight of converter are doing much more damage to their cars transmission than anyone using a "Brake" with properly matched converter.
If your power numbers are correct your trap speed should be in the 120-125 mph range, and if properly built and used sanely(just because you can hold 20+ pounds boost does NOT mean you need to) in fact, anything past 15 will show little to no gain because most guy's do not spend the time necessary tuning their chassis for the brake, they just dont understand the working/reactions of the brake. Bottom line, built right the 200-4R wont complain till low 10's, after that you "Should" put in the good stuff, but don't you think thats plenty fast enough for a "Street" car, if all you do is drag race you would be wise to choose the 400. IMO.

Kevin.

my your trap speed 118 but i can olny hold like 5lbs of boost on the foot brake that is y i an thinking of getting a transbrake i would like to do like 10 or 12 i just don't want to go for a trans

With 118 mph trap speed your "Target ET" should be 11.20-11.40
normally when trans brake is used in a situation such as your's(not able to hold more than 7lbs) you will see that just leaving at 15 will get you the '60 foot time of 1.55-1.60, assuming that you have at least a 3.42 with 28" tall slicks, your converter should "Finish Stall" at 15-18 lbs with 212-218 camshaft should be NO higher than 4000-4200 rpm, any rpm higher is of complete waste of torque, use some sort of control of boost during launch so that it allows you to be W.O.T and 15 lbs at launch then resumes normal boost during run, once you get accustomed to leaving consistantly you may look into looser front shock (80/20) and stiffer rear (30/70-20/80) and adjusting air pressures for best "Pattern". As long as you don't get stuck holding boost any longer than necessary at the line and have a decent cooler on her, she wont complain one bit, whatever you do, do not allow tires to spin off the line-then hook, snapped axle will be result. grow with the use, dont think you can "feather" the throttle to control launch boost- set it and forget about it.

good luck to you, keep us posted on your progress.

Kevin.

ps. Please have engine restraint installed correctly, you'll get false knock/broken left motor mount if not. KLM.

i want 11.40 i got 275 60 15 mt on back i am hopping if i leave with 12 or 15 i will go hi tens

The DOT's are not "Slicks", some people make them work but are waste of time/money IMHO.

3000 is probably the "Rated" stall of your converter, the Tranbrake will let you know "Exactly" what it is, your power band dictates a 4000-4500 max stall.(peak torque).

Kevin.