trans+

Stephen Gibson

Just a participant,Honest
Guy's I inquired awhile back about the hookup and got no answer ,I need to know these two items the white wire goes to a white wire on what plug(please describe this as I haven't had a GN in 7 years so I'm alittle foggy on this) and the grey wire goes to what color wire on what plug(again foggy),I want to go to Greatlakes dragway tomorrow but only if I can get this hooked up.
Stephen

Here ya go...

I'm assuming you can find the white wire?!? This is the EST (Electronic Spark Timing) control wire. I tapped into it by the computer....inside passenger kick panel....my Trans+ is mounted inside.

This same wire runs through the harness and terminates at the Ignition Module which is under the coil pack. If you mount the Trans+ box under the hood, you will need to fish out this white wire from the harness....driver's side...under the coil pack....close to the firewall.

OK...so now you've got the white wire. Cut it, and strip back the insulation on each end.

One end of the white factory wire is going into the Ignition module...the other end goes back to the computer.

Now take your new, two wire harness and connect the gray wire to the end of the white factory wire you just cut that goes into the ignition module.

The white wire on the new Trans+ harness goes to the white factory wire that leads to the computer.

Crimp or solder the wires together...don't forget to heat shrink it up nicely.

Now you're ready to plug in the Trans+ box. The little jumper connector that came with the Trans+ box is used to plug into the harness when you want to remove the Trans+ box....or if you want to do some testing without the Trans+ box affecting the timing.

In a nutshell: the new white wire goes to the ECM/computer and the new gray wire goes to the Ignition module.

Hope that helps,
John

Thank you that clears it up perfectly as the instructions are vague on the grey wire or I misread it a hundred times.
Stephen