Trans +

Stephen Gibson

Just a participant,Honest
Guy's I'm ready to hook up my trans+ but confused after reading the pamphlet I see where the grey/white plug goes and the other plug goes to MAF but the red/green/yellow one has me confused what it's used for or hooked up,any advice is greatly appreciated . Thanks
Stephen

From the instruction page:
CAUTION: The connector from the Translator to the vehicle harness is NOT KEYED and can be inadvertently reversed. Reversing the connector will damage the MAF. Double and Triple check the connection. The pink wires must line up. The yellow wire in the harness must line up with the green wire from the translator. The connector pin letters will not match. BE SURE TO CHECK AND RECHECK THIS CONNECTION.

Just make sure all the pink wires line up all the way thru the wiring.

The Pink Black Yellow wired plug goes to the new MAF

The Pink Black Green receptacle gets the
6" adapter harness plugged into it, ensure the pink wores match up. The vehicle's MAF plug gets plugged into the adapter harness.

I'm not sure if this is what you are asking for, but does it help?

Bob

Guy's now i'm really confused I thought the other plug was for the maf sensor. PINK/GREEN/YELLOW plug was the maf plug
I guess I need to know where each plug is supposed to go as I don't want to hook up and blow up any S***. Thanks guy's for
support what a brotherhood. Stephen

I'm still confused.

I have a Trans Plus here in my hand.

The box has 3 harnesses coming out of it.

pink/black/yellow, connector has a purple sealing ring. This connector plugs into the new MAF.

pink/black/green, this is the signal output harness.

gray/white, this is the EST (spark signal) harness. We'll hook this up last.

Now, the unit ships with some other stuff. 1: a 6 inch long adapter harness with pink/black/green wires and connectors on each end. one end has a purple-ring connector on it, the connector on the other end is a little bigger. 2: a 18" gray/white connection pigtail, connector on one end. 3: a jumper plug (small plug with a wire connecting the two pins).

So, once we have identified all this.
Get the 6" adapter harness and plug it into the pink/black/green harness on the trans plus.
The pink/black/yellow harness on the trans plus plugs into the new MAF.
The big connector on the 6" adapter harness gets the vehicle harness plug that used to go to the old/stock MAF.

Open the Trans Plus, (4 screws in the cover)
Set the switches as follows: On On On Off
Set the dials as follows:
3" MAF: 3 0 0 0
3.5" MAF: 0 0 0 0

Get this stuff installed and running and then we will hook up the EST/spark control stuff.

Bob

I just sat down today with my T+, and I like to write it up on paper before I actually do the work. I fully understand hooking the MAF up and such, but it's the spark wires that are throwing me off.

What does an "18in. grey/white connection pigtail" look like? Because I don't think that I have one.

I do have a cable(green/white spark(?)) that I assume is to reach from the T+ unit to what I am guessing is the coil area. Do I match the white with the white, and the grey with the green? What do the white and grey wires go to(respectively)? I am under the impression that the white wire leads to the EST wire(that I have yet to find), but I have no clue about the grey one. Also, in the event that I don't have the "18" grey/white connection pigtail", how can I hook up the spark wires?

I hope it wasn't too very confusing. ;)

-DC:cool:

T+

Hey Sinful I'm glad I'm not the only one having this problem as I never put mine in yet and will be asking BOB to hold my hand on this as I don't want to ruin anything. Later
Stephen