Trans work near Chi...

id like low 11s eventually. the car is a basically stock daily driver. i havent really done enough research to tell you what turbo/injectors/fuel pump ill be going with. but i figure between 500 and 600hp should get me there. any suggestions are more than welcome. trans will be 3200 stall, i know that will affect my turbo choices a little.

The previous owner of my car had Jimmy build the trans in 1998. I brought it to him last year, and he did not charge me a dime for labor, since he had worked on it previously. His work is excellent, and he is also very fast.

id like low 11s eventually. the car is a basically stock daily driver. i havent really done enough research to tell you what turbo/injectors/fuel pump ill be going with. but i figure between 500 and 600hp should get me there. any suggestions are more than welcome. trans will be 3200 stall, i know that will affect my turbo choices a little.

You know there is more than one way to skin a cat. Do everything you can before you have to open the motor up for ported heads and cam. If you are not happy with just bolt-ons then get the ported heads and a roller cam.

You will have the tranny and the converter soon, you have the fuel pump, and FM. get an adj fuel regulator, good injectors. You can run the Motron #60, they work well, they are the biggest injectors you can run without modifying the drivers in your computer. Maybe a Transalator plus or a Gen II along with a nice chip. Good turbo for your hp goal and a good down pipe to go along with it. An Alky set up for the street would be sweet.

Then what happens after all that is that; you want to go faster than low 11's so it starts all over again.

Just remember, you are never done, vendors are constantly coming up with new and better stuff. As long as you have this car and the need for speed bug is still in you, you will be up grading to the next best thing as it comes along.

HTH

Prasad

i have the adj regulator already in the car, i also have a couple of chips burned from ANS, id have to check what they were, probably a stage 2 and 3. but im looking to learn the ecu more so that i can do my own programming, i.e. run off the wideband at WOT...

60# sound good, just need a MAF and turbo to match em...

i have the adj regulator already in the car, i also have a couple of chips burned from ANS, id have to check what they were, probably a stage 2 and 3. but im looking to learn the ecu more so that i can do my own programming, i.e. run off the wideband at WOT...

60# sound good, just need a MAF and turbo to match em...

The new Translator (GEN 2, MAF system) and Translator PRO (speed density) both have WOT fuel correction off of the wideband. :cool: Few of us locals using both.

Where do you live?

oh nice, did not know that. ill have to look into those more as i dont think ill outflow the stock maf with the stock turbo, or at least not too bad. the most ive seen this turbo push is 20psi.

i live in glendale hts.

you around there?

oh nice, did not know that. ill have to look into those more as i dont think ill outflow the stock maf with the stock turbo, or at least not too bad. the most ive seen this turbo push is 20psi.

i live in glendale hts.

you around there?

Do you know Chad, he has an 87 GN and he live in Glendale Hts. Turbocliff also lives there.

Prasad

i dont know anyone at all in my area with a tr. i met a guy who lived off amy that had a mustang and a gn i think, but that was years and years ago.

I am about half an hour west of you in Elburn which is the next town over from St.Charles/Geneva area.My brother lives in Bloomingdale, he has GN too but he keep it my place.

Prasad

ah yea, thats where my train to the city starts. glen ellyn to and from the loop every day... Sweet6 is in my area as well, he mentioned maybe stopping over this weekend, you guys are more than welcome to stop by as well, id love to see some other setups and get suggestions and what not.

sears tower, adams and wacker. you train it down here too?

Yes sir I take the west line from Lafox, IL which is small town east of Elburn. It takes about an hour and 10mins to get here. It comes in at the Oglavie center or 500 W Madision.

Man, you are like 4 blocks from me.

yup, i get on at glen ellyn on that line. takes me about 45ish. usually take the train that gets to the city at about 825 or so.

I normally take the 4.11 home. Hey if you feel like talking Buick one day we'll do lunch or something. Looks like we have similar jobs, we spend most of the time on Turbo Buick.:D

Prasad

yea i usually grab the 435 or 509. sounds good, i can goto lunch whenever for almost however long i want. not many places between us that i know of, but there are plenty a block east of me off wells. awesome place that servers a gyro-burrito on franklin and jackson. yea, im a network administrator...so i sit in front of a computer all day with nothing to do unless something breaks...can be boring, but this site helps...but then again, it also causes me to spend ridiculous amounts of money on car parts too...

Cool deal. we will figure out a day.You drive your GN to the train station every day?

nope, it hasnt seen the road in almost a year and a half. it should be up and running(limping with the bad trans) by next weekend or so. I have a bus that picks up like 3 houses down from me and goes to the train station during both rush times. cheaper than driving and paying for parking.

Get to work!!:D

Steve

X2. You may want to call Jimmy and setup a time. Around this time of the year, he gets real busy. Hey get your car done soon so you can join us on the 28th. It will be fun!!!!!

Hey, is just me or there are more Steves with GN's than any other names. Man, I have to put their nick names or last names in phone because there are so many.

Prasad