Trans over heat

jimmag

Hadmy car up to Buick Bash @ Epping Saturday. Second time out and ran a best 10.4@131 pretty happy about that but I had an issue with trans overheating . I have a trans blanket and a trans cooler in front on the radiator. Trans blankets suck for holding in heat had the same issue on dyno a couple of months ago moved fluid lines away from headers ,obviously didn't help .Does anyone know of a SFI approved cover or should I just add another cooler with a fan under the car? jimmag

We do experience a LOT of heat here many times during the race season, and find the blanket holds too much heat, especially in a low 10 sec. car, and prefer a shield.

We also have use trany coolers with fans, and always use Dex VI or synthetic fluid.

Using a trans fluid temp gauge we can see how well we have been able to lower temps and increase life. :)

We do experience a LOT of heat here many times during the race season, and find the blanket holds too much heat, especially in a low 10 sec. car, and prefer a shield.

We also have use trany coolers with fans, and always use Dex VI or synthetic fluid.

Using a trans fluid temp gauge we can see how well we have been able to lower temps and increase life. :)
Nick thanks for your info. I ordered a finned aluminum pan and and plan on a 30,000 B &M cooler .Do you think with these additions I'll be ok with the blanket or should I get a cover? Thanks again people, like you make this forum work ,Jim

I guess I can answer my own question here ,installed new b&m 29,500 btu cooler ,still overheated . Hate to throw the blanket out going to insulate trans lines from the heat of headers . Do not have a temp gage yet but pushed out small amount of fluid. Bigger finned pan on order .Anyone have suggestions in addition to the ones above,Jim Maguire

Yea out the vent ,have locking dipstick. Decided to shit can the blanket ordered a trans cover this morning .If the metal cover,deep finned pan and B&M cooler doesn'tn work I'm going back to boating ,this drag racing is frustrating and f....in expensive.supporting two cars my GN and my sons 2010 Camaro .Thanks for the info ,it's-appreciated. Jim Maguire