trans not downshifting !

I'll try

Looking @ the business side of vb--there are some holes that you can see the tv valve movement. There are 2 roll pins holding the valve assembly in the vb. If you stroke the plunger that is sticking out of vb you can see through a hole where it moves the smaller and deeper valve--check operation of the complete assembly. Sorry not good at giving directions.

tools

Don't know what special tool he is talking about---I use a straight pick and needle nose pliers.

thanks, guys i will see what i can do and report back. this tranny has been built up about 6 yrs ago and defintley not abused and i haven't had any probs accept maybe last couple years 4th gear has been getting a little more delayed matter what tv setting i have it on .

well, trans has gotten much worse. now all i have is 1st gear, rev, and park. last drive car would only get into 2nd and wind up 4500 , thats as far as i would let it go turned around first chance and then trans would not go past 1st matter what i tried . i dropped pan hoping it was the governor spring, but i removed governor and speedo gears and the spring was still there and the gears look like new ,not one mark on them . my understanding is that the gn governor has a light weight and a heavy weight w/ spring only on light weight and thats what i have. fluid looks good ,smells good . i did put on new tv cable i got from extreme automatics and tryed adjusting and symtoms did not change and now only 1st gear. im thinking its most defintley got to be in vb , something sticking or junk binding something , but i just dont know exactly what valves to check and tools to use to not mess it up worse than it already is. also this trans was built by eric schertz if that helps. is there anybody in baltimore area that is familiar w/ 2004r gn vb's that i can take it to. anderson is there but dont know if they do in house trans work or not tryed calling several times and no return calls , maybe there on vacation , dont know anybody else close, any help would be greatly appreciated

well, trans has gotten much worse. now all i have is 1st gear, rev, and park. last drive car would only get into 2nd and wind up 4500 , thats as far as i would let it go turned around first chance and then trans would not go past 1st matter what i tried . i dropped pan hoping it was the governor spring, but i removed governor and speedo gears and the spring was still there and the gears look like new ,not one mark on them . my understanding is that the gn governor has a light weight and a heavy weight w/ spring only on light weight and thats what i have. fluid looks good ,smells good . i did put on new tv cable i got from extreme automatics and tryed adjusting and symtoms did not change and now only 1st gear. im thinking its most defintley got to be in vb , something sticking or junk binding something , but i just dont know exactly what valves to check and tools to use to not mess it up worse than it already is. also this trans was built by eric schertz if that helps. is there anybody in baltimore area that is familiar w/ 2004r gn vb's that i can take it to. anderson is there but dont know if they do in house trans work or not tryed calling several times and no return calls , maybe there on vacation , dont know anybody else close, any help would be greatly appreciated

did you leave a message on the answering machine? If you got to speak to someone in the shop, I would LOVE to know who it was!

yes i spoke to someone , i guess he worked in shop. he didnt say his name and didnt seem to know much but twice i called in one day and he said both times someone would call me back and the very next day i got voicemail and left all my info , but no call back. no hard feelings,though maybe this shop guy just didnt get the message to you. the reason i called was i thought i read on this forum u guys do all your own trans work now.