Trans Go Shift Kit - Anyone use?

Mustang 1

Good Afternoon! I will be as short as possible with this question. I just had my th200r4 rebuilt by a builder that I have used before. I was very pleased with his build up on an AOD in a Mustang race car with a Supercharger. It ran high 12's with the AOD and a 2800 stall with 4:10 gears. The trans was spec'd by me and turned out great. The problem that I was having with my GN trans was that the trans was not shifting as firm as it was before the last bit of tuning. The car is running 22lbs of boost with 23 dgrees of timing with a V-4 and a pte - 52. The car also has an ART Carr lock up converter with 2800 stall and a larger external trans cooler. I thought that even though the original trans has only 56,000 miles on it, that the clutches may just be getting weak with age and the level of power. It also had a B and M shift improver kit installed about 20,000 miles ago. The builder used Blue Plate Clutches and a highe performance servo along with the wide band. I thought that since the builder said that my transmission actually looked good, that the shifts should be as firm as before. I was wrong! So, after some study, we decided to install another shift kit. The builder chose a Trans Go 200-4R-HD2. He says that it is an off road version for racing, etc. So, now for my question. Has anyone ever used this kit before? If so, please let me know the good or bad. Thanks in advance.

Transgo

I'm pretty happy with it. I run the 'full race' reprogramming kit, the newer one that does not require VB mods. I think that may be the HD2, I'd have to look at the box. It also comes with a .500 boost valve if you don't already have that...so that's a plus.

Thanks for your reply! I am not sure if it is the same kit or not.If so, a problem may exist. The transmission had previously had a B&M Shift Improver kit installed. It was a few years back, but if memory is correct, that kit had some vavle body mods. It seems like the valve body was drilled in a couple of places. If this is so, would I still be able to use the Trans Go HD-2 kit in the full race version? Keep in mind, the installer is a known good professional builder. I would not have a clue. But, hopefully, he will know what does what, what goes where, etc. Also, what purpose does the boost valve serve in this kit. Thanks in advance and have a great day!

Kit

I just went out an looked, and yes it's the HD2 (Heavy duty/full race) so you're fine there. I'm sure you'd be better off with a virgin VB, but maybe it'll be fine.

Maybe someone else knows more about what mods the B&M kits did to it...

Shift Kit is a trademark of Transgo. They were the first, and they sell the best most complete kits with alot of info . But their tech support is arrogant/off putting.