Trans brake???? Bat brake??

GMGUY2

Looking to add a trans brake to my built 200r4, heard good things about the "bat brake" but I haven't been able to find anyone still selling them? Didn't know if they just changed the name and market them under a new name?

Or if anyone has another suggestion on a good trans brake for our 200r4's I would like to hear about them. I am not really interested in the "stage right" manual shift trans brake though.

Am I understanding correct that the 2004r needs to be duel fed on the directs in order to run a brake

Lonnies electric brake works amazing . Never had a issue with it in my 200

Thanks for the testimony on his trans brake, sounds like I will be getting a hold of Lonnie next week. :)

I'm assuming a stagerite doesn't need the direct pack dual fed correct? Also do you loose engine braking in D when you have a stageright installed?

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

No I don't think so, it is only active when the transmission is shifted manually to 1st gear. As soon as you bump it out of 1st it releases and everything shifts like normal. I have driven a car with stagerite and didn't like the fact that when you "bump" it out of 1st you never know for sure what gear its going to land in. You have to fiddle around with it to tell if you landed in 2nd, drive, or overdrive. After I launch my car I want both hands on the steering wheel!!! :)