Tranny Problem

Doctor Evil

Yeah, Baby...Yeah !
I was out driving last night, and stepped on it a little (5 lbs boost) from 1st to 2nd. I noticed the transmission what I would describe as slipping a bit in between these gears. Also, under normal shifting, it doesn't shift as firm. So, this evening, having more sunlight, I adjusted the tranny cable, to see if this would raise the pressure, no dice. On the way back, it would shift abnormally , and not shift into 3rd !!
When I put up the hood, I heard a slight sound that seemed to be coming from the firewall, maybe even the intake area.(Like a rrrrrrrrrr sound) . Shut it off, looked underneath the car, and a large amount of transmission fluid was leaking on the cross-member near the OIL Pan on the motor. The outside of the transmission seemed dry for the most part.
Do I have a split transmission line ? This is freaking me out, because the symptoms are happening with hardly any notice. Would this cause a loss of pressure in the transsmission ?
Help !! Thanks

BTW, I had the 2004R completely rebuilt in Sept 1999, with about 20000 miles on it since, and I have an Art Carr 9 1/2" 3200 Stall with lock up. No problems until now.

could be the front seal or a tranny line. Tranny line - there would be more fluid on the passenger side of the transmission or towards the passenger side going forward. The RRRRRRRRRR sound you here could be the converter. The shifting problem - well it could all be related. low pressure - no shift. DON"T DRIVE IT. you could do some really expensive damage,. if you haven't already. get it looked at by someone "in the know"

also - post this in the tranyy section. Alot of good tranny guys there