Tranny cooler fittings

Mac

Guys,

I'm getting ready to install my tranny cooler and I'm looking for those brass fittings to connect to the existing tranny cooler lines. I've checked several local hardware stores with no luck. Any ideas on where I can get them? I would also like to get them in 90 degree to make the install look better.

Don't think barbed fittings will allow you to use the stock hardlines and be able to screw them together (unless you want to use rubber hose for the joint there). You are looking for the fittings that screw into the case and use the stock hardline in 90*, will need 3/8" pipe on one end and inverted flare (don't remember the size) on the other. might try an industrial hydraulics place, Grainger, or maybe the Zone(ask for brakeline fittings). Pretty sure someone produces a fitting like that. -Chuck

Ummm...that would be 1/4 " pipe ...if you cant locate any 90*brass fittings...I have some stock ones you can have...just e mail me there yours! joe:cool:

Check out your local Napa, they usually have a great selection on fitting. If not try looking in the phone book for hydraulic hose, seal and bearing shops sometime do hyd. hoses and will have what you need. The fitting that attaches the cooler line to the trans is an adapter, 1/4 pipe to 5/16 inverted flare. Good luck!