Tranny Cable

83ttypew03

ok so the cable on my carb that makes the tranny shift is all worn out and stretched, i unclipped it. where does it plug into the tranny.

what kind of tranny do i have and how can i tell ? i know its a 4speed auto but im not sure which one.

once again, this is an 83 Ttype wo3. 4bbl carbturbo

where can i get a cable for this rare motor ?

If you have a 4 speed then it is the 200-4R. It needs the Throttle Valve cable to be hooked up properly because this controls pressure rise, shift patterns inside the trans. If it is unhooked, you have minimum line pressure and it will burn up. I have had good luck finding these cables thru NAPA. Just have to go and look thru their books because they might give you one for the 200C which is going to be too short and you won't be able to get the shifter into Low1.

Don't drive it with the TV cable unhooked, it will burn up. It goes into the tranny on the passenger side near the dipstick tube and is held in by one bolt. You'll have to undo the bolt, pull the cable housing up and unhook the cable itself from the linkage.

DAMM !! I have been driving with it not connected for 4 1/2 weeks i hooked it up today and seems to be ok ;) When I ran it at the track last week 2nd gear was ok but shifting in to 3rd was sliping ran 14.2.