Track Times !!!!!

Went to the local track tonight had three runs. First time leaving from idle ran a 15.0 at 93. Second time up (i had acl surgery last week so can't left foot brake it) I right foot braked it with my crutch on the gas pedal, left at 0psi and pulled a 2.3 short time and a 14.8 at 92. Third time I had stagemonster take the wheel (ala two good legs) to break boost some more. 2psi launch brought a 2.2 short time and a 14.53 at 93. :eek:

Mods are:
stock dp, side dump
autozone 3in intake
new vacuum lines
86-86 ecu with stock 87 chip
AEM progessive methanol on a M5 nozzle.

Meh I was enjoying it.

You have a stock chip on a HA? is the check light on or did you install the IAT sensor? Are you using a 86/87 MAF?

That sounds about right with stock boost and pretty much stock setup, I would think a little faster with meth but ???:rolleyes: What else do you have?(tires,fuel used, plugs,max boost level etc)

You have a stock chip on a HA? is the check light on or did you install the IAT sensor? Are you using a 86/87 MAF?

That sounds about right with stock boost and pretty much stock setup, I would think a little faster with meth but ???:rolleyes: What else do you have?(tires,fuel used, plugs etc)

CEL is on didn't feel like installing the sensor, yes to 86/87 maf. Regular crappy street tires that came on the car, 93 octane, whatever plugs where in the car.

Your passes are pretty strong for a basically stock setup. If I read your post correctly, your 60' was 2.2? If that's the case you could really pickup on your ET by improving your 60'. I wouldn't get too aggressive with the Alky since I didn't see you post anything about the ability to adjust boost or timing. You might br able pickup some by playing around with the Alky. You could make decrease it or increase it a little bit and see if the car picks up speed or slows down. Obviously go in the direction that increases performance until it doesn't pickup anymore, then that's the best setting for your setup.

Your passes are pretty strong for a basically stock setup. If I read your post correctly, your 60' was 2.2? If that's the case you could really pickup on your ET by improving your 60'. I wouldn't get too aggressive with the Alky since I didn't see you post anything about the ability to adjust boost or timing. You might br able pickup some by playing around with the Alky. You could make decrease it or increase it a little bit and see if the car picks up speed or slows down. Obviously go in the direction that increases performance until it doesn't pickup anymore, then that's the best setting for your setup.

I need better tires for a better sixty, either that or suspension mods. I do have the ability to change boost but not timing. Remember most people on meth are using razors kit with a m14 nozzle. thats huge compared to my m5. I'm just trying to replicate having an intercooler as much as possible since I have a stock intercooled chip in the car. Dont wanna push too much boost with stock timing meant for a car with a naturally cooler charge.

I need better tires for a better sixty, either that or suspension mods. I do have the ability to change boost but not timing. Remember most people on meth are using razors kit with a m14 nozzle. thats huge compared to my m5. I'm just trying to replicate having an intercooler as much as possible since I have a stock intercooled chip in the car. Dont wanna push too much boost with stock timing meant for a car with a naturally cooler charge.

Thanks for filling in the blanks and it sounds like you are thinking along the right lines. No real need to kill it with too much alky. If I remember correctly the 86/87 chips do have more timing in them than the 84/85 chips. So How much boost are you running?

well before the ecu swap it would hit 15 and drop to 12 and stay steady. After the ecu swap it hits 15 and holds... No KR last night either at the track. And it was warm!

Are those tires stock size 215/65s? Get a TT chip , have eric burn off the IAT sensor. depending on your goals cruzer or drag. I would get bit fatter tire, fuel pump and Hotwire kit, good plugs. GOt any pics of your engine bay? I take it you mean spectre (autozone) intake?

yes stock size tire. And yes spectre parts for the intake. I def want a TT chip and a set of injectors, we were going to hot wire the stock pump to see what it does and steal stagemonsters slicks for the track. Then maybe some nice shocks from summit since mine are clearly shot from the highly evident wheel hop on launch.