Track times with pump gas & slicks/radials

BLACK DEATH DSR

Anyone have any track times down the 1/4 mile while using pump gas-93 or less octane- and slicks or drag radials? No race fuel or alcohol injection, just plain ole pump fuel from the gas station. I am just triing to get an estimate what the cars run in street manners with around 16#s + or- of boost. Anyone care to elaborate on their runs?

That is an awesome time. What size drag radials are you using? How much boost did you leave the line with? Do you have a lot of suspension work done? How much does your car weigh or is it gutted out? I would like to be in the high 11s on pump gas. WHat octane were you using? What chip?

I am running 275-50's. My car weighs probably 3600#. Nothing has been removed and it has all the stock suspension. I use 93 octane ExxonMobil premium unleaded. I usually left on about 7-8# of boost.
Notice my mods, though. That's where the good times come from. I feel like the car has the potential for low 11's on pump gas if I left with more boost. Hope this helps.

my best pump gas/slick time (this was before i had alky) was 11.68 at 113.?? It was a 1.58 60 ft (best ive pulled) My best on pump/drag radials was back to back 11.92-3 at 113 or so.

Originally posted by BLACK DEATH DSR
Anyone have any track times down the 1/4 mile while using pump gas-93 or less octane- and slicks or drag radials? No race fuel or alcohol injection, just plain ole pump fuel from the gas station. I am just triing to get an estimate what the cars run in street manners with around 16#s + or- of boost. Anyone care to elaborate on their runs?

I was curious about this as well since I'm going for the ultimate pump gas setup. You noticed the key mods in both posts are P&P heads/intake. I don't think I have seen any in the 11s near those traps on stock heads with straight pump gas. I have a set at VPE getting the Stage 3 works so I will post pictures and flow numbers when they come back. I'm sure would good flowing heads/intake, efficient turbo, good intercooler & tune, running mid 11s would be semi-easy.

I went 11.63 at 122mph with 18psi of boost and 93 octane. That was with my old turbo TE45a. Tires i had on were 275-60-15 BFG Drag Radials.

BLACK DEATH DSR,

Simple. If you want to run high 11's at 16 PSI figure on a car that can run mid to low 10s at 27 PSI. That means a totally done up 109 block with all the supporting hardware (big turbo, big injectors, big I/C, converter, tranny, axles, rollbar, suspension, etc.). Figure mods of about $15K or so. Anybody with a fat enough wallet can do it...

strike

Originally posted by rob nolan
I went 11.63 at 122mph with 18psi of boost and 93 octane. That was with my old turbo TE45a. Tires i had on were 275-60-15 BFG Drag Radials.

Damn that car is flying on pump gas. That is what I would like eventually. I'm hoping to trap about 115+ with the setup I'm planning and about 380-420 rwhp

Here is what my car has, pte62 or something like that, 55 # siemens, reds 93 chip or max effort for the 55 low imp injectors, ATR headers, ATR down pipe 3", 70mm TB & intake for it, stock MAF, PTE front mount, ported heads, roller rockers, has a decent cam in it, 3" dual exhaust out the rear no cat, has a stall convertor in the tranny but I dont know what it is but when I use the trans brake it will go up to 2500 - 3000 with about 5 + #s of boost, and 26" Hoosiers slicks. How much boost are you leaving the line with guys and what size tires? Do you get any knock on the boost levels you are getting?

My best on pump gas was a 7.25 @ 94mph

My best on Race gas is 6.77 @ 102.5

I have taken it to the 1/4 mile track, and for refference a 7.0 @ 100mph 1/8th in my car was a 10.85 @ 126.58 with a 1.7x 60ft

GN1s
212/212 flat tappet comp cam
PT54
CAS V2
TH400
9" 3600 stall
Mickey Thompson DRs 275/50
FAST
Single walbro 340 (soooon to upgrade to twins)

Mine is very close to Grandnat

only 1/8 times though. I think you can push a car a little harder on pump gas through the 1/8 mile
7.18 @ 94 on 28x10.5 slicks
7.38 @94 on a true 275/60 bfg T/A (not a drag radial) 1.63 sixty foot :D

All runs with extreme extender for 72's with 23/21 timing and 22 psi. boost. I have no idea how I could run that much timing with 22 psi and pump gas but I could. I did do a lot of tuning.

Best on 116 octane was 6.61 at 103.7 and 33 psi.

Ported irons, 212/212 flat tappet, TA-64 turbo and CAS V4R i/c

My best was a 12.58 @ 107 on pump gas and drag radials. That was with stock replacemnet injectors, stock turbo, stock intercooler at 17 psi boost. The heads have been cleaned up a little and I have a Crane 206 roller but other than that really nothing too special. That was about it in that combo though. No more fuel on the big end. (looks like I need to update my sig :) )

My best was a 7.17 at the local 1/8 mile on 93 and 16#.Calculates to something like 11.20s.BTW no alcohol either.

New Best Mph On Pump

Saturday I took it to the track with the new turbo (71GTQ) and made a single pass on pump gass BEFORE I put in some race gas.

On pure pump 93 octane... I ran a 101.17mph in the 1/8th. this was leaving with no boost!!!! (maybe 1-2# on the footbrake)

I feel that once I get a matched converter I might be able to see 104 mph on pure pump gas... NO ALKY! that should be close to 130mph on pump.

wow! is that even possible?

stay tuned for race gas times!!!!

9s here I come!

Mike that turbo is all that motor needs to be a 9 second combo.You were doing real good with just a 54.

I suppose this means you have gotten the suspension figured out now.I know you ran 10.8s at Noble with a crap 60'.

sixgun86gn said:
Mike that turbo is all that motor needs to be a 9 second combo.You were doing real good with just a 54.

I suppose this means you have gotten the suspension figured out now.I know you ran 10.8s at Noble with a crap 60'.

Well once I get a convertor in it we shall see how the suspension likes the new turbo.

for some reason the way the suspension is setup now does real well on drag radials... so if thats what it likes thats what I am going to give it.

I might need a real tire to run in the 9s.

I am hoping that at 28-30 psi I will be close to 110mph in the 1/8th!!!!