Track Dilemma

lordmikef

My 87 GN has the stock converter, stock rear and rebuilt trans i am footbraking the car on the line to about 5# and can't seem to manage better than a 1.9 60' the car runs mid 12's at 108 any ideas

More details. What are you using for suspension? All stock or? Tires? What RPM is the car launching at? Let us know. Brian

just air bags in the back leaving at about 5 or 6 pounds of boost approximately 3200-3400 275 50 15 on the back

Originally posted by lordmikef
just air bags in the back leaving at about 5 or 6 pounds of boost approximately 3200-3400 275 50 15 on the back

Well, if you're running street tires (not stickies), then why would you expect much better than 1.9's?

i've got the nitto extreme drag radials on there. i have a ta49 but im only running it at about 18#. i am sure it could really run at 24# with race gas but my primary concern right now is the 60' . its definitely not spinning the tires. i was going to try a converter. think it will help?

What PSI are you running in the tires? Also, I've heard that you really need to heat Nitos to get them to hook. Why can't you spin the tires? Would a RJC boost controler help you build more boost at the line, or are your brakes not capable of holding back enough boost to launch hard?

to get good 60' i would think that 5 pounds would be enough ill try and leave a little higher and get back to you guys

If you are not spinning, you should leave with more boost - assuming you can build more boost on the line.

I have about the same set up as you do the best I got was a 1.72 60 footer.P275-60-15 on a 8in rim tire pressure was 13psi hot.I leave with one psi of boost off the line.

well i believe that i can build more boost on the line, but as you have just pointed out, i shouldn't have to. it feels like its leaving pretty hard. i guess ill go to the track next week and try different things.