TR6

TurboWh1

Anyone know what the grey wire does? I just hooked up TR6 but instructions do not outline. Orange is for 2 step.

Attachments

• IMG_20220604_152544827.jpg
    IMG_20220604_152544827.jpg
    670.4 KB · Views: 44
For mine the grey goes into my manual rev limiter control.

I took the orange to the switch on my brake pedal. Then the grey to my potentiometer on the cluster.

That way I can turn the potentiometer & set the RPM’s to the RPM’s I want the TR6 to limit.

5907D2A8-A811-4048-B19D-5D59EEF7955D.jpeg

Sorry the site keeps rotating my pictures for some reason.

I’d shoot Turbobob(Bob Bailey) on here a message as well.

For mine the grey goes into my manual rev limiter control.

I took the orange to the switch on my brake pedal. Then the grey to my potentiometer on the cluster.

That way I can turn the potentiometer & set the RPM’s to the RPM’s I want the TR6 to limit.

View attachment 384534
That makes sense. I may not use the grey wire at this point. Thats a good idea taking orange wire to the brake light switch. I really didn't want to drill a hole in the brake pedal and I haven't added a trans brake yet so I was still considering best option to hook it up.

I hear ya. I put mine in the corner to take as little pedal material out of the pedal wired to a momentary switch.

Best part is you can always buy a new pedal pad if you get rid of the switch & voila! Hole is gone……to the eye anyway HAHA.

EE9B054B-FBB3-4362-92AF-8A264FAC946A.jpeg

Sorry let me rephrase my question. There are many wires in the plug but the only one that is not connected on the coil plug side is the orange. Where does the gray wire come from?

Should be on the plug towards the firewall. Not the plug for the coil pack. It has the orange & grey wire in it.

Those are for the two step.

Ok. Found the wire. It was cut down near the plug. I bought it used. Now how do I wire it up to the potentiometer and where can I buy one. Thanks for all the help.

For mine, I used a momentary switch on the pedal. 12v & orange to switch, grey to the potentiometer(sorry don’t remember which terminal) and a ground wire on the potentiometer.

Then you can adjust your rev limits with the potentiometer.