TR6 instructions vague and confusing for hot air install

Toby_Goodmk

Test Fit officianto
Ok, Maybe I am not seeing something or I am just plain ignorant and stupid.....sorry...frustrated.

I have a TR6 and a hot air car.

In the instructions the manual says the TR6 can work with 84/85 with some wiring changes...which are um.....??????

Ok, so I guess these wiring changes are coil pack adaption to 86/87....cool..I hope, because I have already adapted over. Now....I look at caspers to make sure I am not missing something. I find a CCCI hotwire kit...ok...is this what I am needing because all I have on my car is a simple adapter, no hot wire with relay, wires, etc. I do not see this adapter that I have installed currently even offered at caspers, so did I get the wrong thing at gbodyparts??? because he still lists this adapter on his site

http://www.gbodyparts.com/product_info.php?products_id=1301

If the instructions had simple pictures, or diagrams it would be very helpful.

Next question

What is this extra harness in the box...um, ok.....Ill guess again that this maybe a harness to wire remote coils? I know that the orange wire is for the 2 step trigger, and the grey???? no mention in the instructions what color the pills wire is. So I assume it is the grey one. I know, bitching....but frustrated.

2 step rev limiter trigger question

There are mentions of trigger inversion switch. I take it there is not a switch, since there isnt one, again assuming. Maybe inversion switch is computer talk, however, in instructions saying switch....on a box with switches......see my point? The instructions make comments in a round about way and I guess that setting configuration 1 to ....wait for it....wait for it.....on or off setting? Yup, no mention if the config setting needs to be on or off, if this is indeed the way to invert the orange wire 2 step rev limiter to be grounding versus voltage applied.

Will someone much smarter than I am today please share with me what I need to do or not to do to wire in my TR6 please?

Thank God for the forum.

you need to have your 85 cci harness connector converted for using the 86-7 ignition module
the tr6 needs to have an 86-7 cci format to operate
hotwire wouldnt change that

the two step needs a trigger ,
normally thats a 12v signal from a transbrake elec switch to the orange , (mode 6 off)
invert (mode 6 on )is for when you have 12v constant to the orange and want the activation to be when no voltage is applied
if you want to use a grounding switch to activate (like a leaf switch on the 2004r shifter for stageright brake ) , set config 1 on and mode 6 off and the tR6 supplies the 12v and will activate 2 step when the orange wire is grounded

theres one harnesses and that goes from tr6 module to coilpack , and that harness has two wires for the two step activate and if you want to use msd pill style modules for the main limiter (see instructions)

Last edited:
ok good, that clears some things up for me. As for the CCCI conversion, I have that done so I am straight there.

Last edited: