TR-6 Ignition with SD-2 Issue ...lose spark to half of plugs?

Note the batt volts dropout immediately after the stall on both cars.

Gotta love these intermittent things. So hard to diagnose! lol mine ran fine last night for the little while I ran it. I need to grab some more data when things are all good so I can discern better what's "normal".

I had a similar issue last year. Spoke to eric and he said it sounded like the powerlogger wasn't staying seated good. I used electrical tape and wrapped it around the ecm and powerlogger to keep it tight and it has not happened again since. I have stock ignition setup. May be something to try to just be sure.

I had a similar issue last year. Spoke to eric and he said it sounded like the powerlogger wasn't staying seated good. I used electrical tape and wrapped it around the ecm and powerlogger to keep it tight and it has not happened again since. I have stock ignition setup. May be something to try to just be sure.
Haha Eric mentioned that trick to me. He must've been remembering you!

yep been there too!
I replaced the iac tonight,its clear in there.its an aftermarket one,so im trying another...metal not the plastic one.Anybody have the best one to buy?Or are they all made in the same sweat shop?

so it aint the iac.....now it seems to be doing exactly what it did a year ago when I first got the tr6.it started and ran fine.shut it down for 15 min or more and it would do this.it turned out the cam sensor is very sensitive with the tr-6.bob told me to turn it a bit more,and pow that was it.im hoping this is it.i took a video of the tr-6 while turning over while it wouldn't start.i cant upload it though .hey bob you got an email I can shoot this to?or someone that knows the code?
you can pm me with it if you want.thanks

You get a TR6 code 13 or a code 15? I've had a few of those when experiencing the issue. Most commonly code 15.

I don't know how to read the lighted codes in the tr6.I see the numbered codes in the book but not how to read then

Car running fine so far today. Did set another code 15 though. Planning to install and time a new cam sensor shortly....

only sets the 15 fault during cranking. Most of the time it practically starts before I even turn the key. Other times it cranks for a bit and sets that fault.

i have the gnx dash/tach ,but it still works on the cam sensor phasing.mine is showing a bit retarded,im going to move to a bit advanced.
to read the red led ?count how many times it flashes?

Yep just watch the red LED flash. it'll speak to you if it has something to say. it repeats continuously when a fault has set.

When I first installed mine I had weird issues as well I had to re-clock my cam sensor- The TR-6 definitely needs a more accurate position. With that being said I LOVE my unit - last year I replaced my original Cam position sensor and it made setting it a lot easier. You can also see just by tightening the hold down the sensor actually moves do to the helical gears.
aaron

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I first installed mine I had weird issues as well I had to re-clock my cam sensor- The TR-6 definitely needs a more accurate position. With that being said I LOVE my unit - last year I replaced my original Cam position sensor and it made setting it a lot easier. You can also see just by tightening the hold down the sensor actually moves do to the helical gears.
aaron

i have no complaints @ all,ive got my secondary rev limit wired custom to my shifter with the transbrake.awesome!
going to make the issue heppen here in a bit and adjust the cam sensor.

i have no complaints @ all,ive got my secondary rev limit wired custom to my shifter with the transbrake.awesome!
going to make the issue heppen here in a bit and adjust the cam sensor.
Yeah i still have to install AND UNDERSTAND my rev limiter wiring. Should be fun when I get that done.
aaron

that's good news! I still need to work on mine. spent too much time driving and not enough time wrenching today, if that's possible?

thats interesting,

once its running, the TR6 doesn't care if the cam sensor adjustment is "on the edge" after the engine starts. But I have seen the ECM decide not to run if it doesnt like the cam sensor timing.

How are you setting the cam sensor?

Bob

Yeah i still have to install AND UNDERSTAND my rev limiter wiring. Should be fun when I get that done.
aaron

Hit me up if you have any questions Aaron, it's pretty simple really

Bryan

Bob is there any software available for the TR6? Something that would allow users to analyze the signals and other important parameters?