TPS won't go above 3.64

TIMS87GN

Guys,
I was checking setting in Direct scan the other day and dicovered my TPS was off. I adjusted it like usual, but this time I could not muster more than 3.65 not matter what I did. I figure the TPS was bad and got a new one from O'Reilly's which is a Borg Warner unit. I installed it and low and behold I got the same result nothing more than 3.64 I think. I checked voltages from the harness and they were fine, 5 volts. No the pin on the TB is not bent. Do I just have a bad TPS? Or is there something I'm missing? I'm going to return the B/W unit and get another one to see if it improves. Has anyone run into this? The dealer are closed on the weekend, or I'd get an AC Delco like the original. Thanks.

have you shaved off some of the plastic meterial so you can adjust it further. if not you need to take some of the material off of it so you have more adjustment. not to hard to do just get a file out and make the holes longer on top and bottom.

I rotated the lever with the tps off of the throttle body and even with the full range, it would go above that.

So, you loosened both screws enough to adjust and then you moved the TPS as far forward as it will go? right? (that's the WOT adjustment).

That's right. I also removed it from the throttle body and rotated the lever by hand and it wouldn't go past 3.64.

Two suggestions....

Is the floor mat underneath the gas pedal by chance?
No brainer fix.

Is your TV cable adjusted so tight that it keeps the throttle from being opened 100%? To find out, roll the throttle by hand to see if it opens up 100%. Had a worn out TV cable do this to me years ago. Too me, it sounds like your TV cable is limiting WOT travel.

Just two things I would look at. Then, if those two check out, I would get too modifying the TPSs' moon eye holes for more forward adjustment.

Patrick

ok this is strange, I took a test reading of the TPS with a Sears hand held digital analyzer. Reading directly from the TPS while hooked up it was correct .44 - 4.80, but at the same time my Direct Scan was telling me it was .38 - 3.64! What's going on here?? I'm inclined to believe the digital meter and am questioning if my DS is correct at all now. Has anyone run across discrepancies like this with DS? What can be done?
I'm really confused and would like some advise from anyone, Please.:(