TPS not holding steady??

I recently had the ignition module and coil replaced.

I started my car <87 T-Type> this evening and the idle was real high,so i shut it down and turned it back on and it was high again and sort of choppy.

So i started looking thru the scanmaster and when i got to tps it was 1.57 sitting at idle....

So i readjusted the tps to 42 and then i noticed that while driving if i took my foot off the gas the tps would go from 42 to 34 to 20 back up to 38 and so on...

I've never paid attention to the tps setting before once i set it usually 42 and anything over 4.60 wot.

My question is,is it normal for a tps to fluctuate at idle while the car is sitting at idle? My guess is no but i just want to confirm it.

Would you replace the tps or look somewhere else first?

Thanks for your time and thoughts in advance

And i forgot to mention that when the scanmaster shows the low tps numbers the motor stumbles and comes close to stalling and then recovers idle....

look at your tps while idling see if it changes - then just tap your gas pedal and see if it comes back to the initial setting . What is your iac reading at idle ..?

first thanks to you guys for taking the time to want to Help me!

This morning i reset the IAC and reset the tps to 40. drove to work and everytime i stop at a red light foot on brake and off gas pedal the IAC numbers at first hold at 11 then the car starts to stumble almost the same feeling when you hit the test on a alky system.... then the iac numbers start to go 32 43 64 22 28 and so on.
While driving the car seems fine and then i come to a stop in gear or in park and then the stumbling starts???
The tps seems to be holding at the 40-38 zone very weird

I look forward to your idea's and thanks again for your time

check for vacoom leaks - it can throw iac numbers all over the place ..

True,and lets say i have no vacum leaks because i did check and can't seem to find any what would be the next thing to check?
Should i replace the iac?

I just went to move the car and as soon as i started it the idle was very high,the tps setting went from the 40 i had to 64 in park.....

i guess i will replace the tps and go from there??

i just replaced the tps with a new one reset the tps at 40 started the car and sitting at idle the tps is going all over the place 40 36 28 and so on.....

i just noticed that with the key on and motor off the tps numbers are going up and down and Not staying where i have it set at?

Check the grounds behind the passenger side head. There should be 2 make sure they're not broken or loose. Also check the wires for the tps make sure they're not broken or breaking anywhere. You can try buying the TPS voltage enhancer from Caspers but I'm not sure it will fix your problem it's suppose to fix flat spots in the throttle maybe worth a try though.

Sent from my iPhone

the grounds at the back of the passengers side head appear to be nice and tight and the tps connector seem's to be good with no breaks in the wire's up to the wire harness...
and what ever is causing this sparatic idle/and tps #'s going up and down is getting worse...
look's like a trip back to KDK performance monday morning.....

Thanks to all of you who gave me area's to check. As it turns out it was my iac valve. All is good now.......

Thanks again

Went to KDK Performance on Wednesday and Kevin took out my aftermarket iac/tps put in some New Ac Delco parts and the car is running strong!
On the way to work this morning i broke out the good ole G-Tech and ran a 12.47 @ 116.70 mph at 18lb's of boost.....
I will be at the drag strip in Bithlo next friday night i will post up my actual 1/4 mile times and mph.....