tps adjustment help

airforceone

DON'T GET NONE ON YA'
at the idle position, i can get it to read .40- to . 44 , no problem. at wot, the reading will only go to around 3.53. is this acceptable?
when it adjust up to 4.45, the idle position goes to around 1.2

You see how the TPS holes for the two clamping screws are spaped like a bannana(sort of anyway). Set your idle TPS and snug up that screw(but not tight).Then take the end of a screw driver handle and gently tap the senser down near the bottom.
Are you using a scanmaster,needle pushed into the wire or ?? Your idle settings are fine,but you should have 4.50--4.80 volts for wide open. What does your IAC read at warm closed loop operation. Try that. hope it works for ya.

P.S. The more you adjust your TPS the better it slides.

Justaveesix

Take a dremel and enlarge the backside of the half moon shaped holes. This will give you a greater WOT adjustment and you can still hold .44 @ idle. Anything over 4.3 volts @ WOT will be ok.

HTH

Easier yet, you can just take file and remove a little off the back sides of the ears on the tps sensor then you can get the values you want.
HTH

i can get either the idle setting or the wot setting right. when i set one, it throwa the other off. there are 2 screws, one on top , one on bottom. does one afffect idle and the other wot?

Just keep slowly working at it making adjustments until you get it. Usually I get the idle close and snug the top screw a little then pull the bottom of the sensor forward and up to get the wot close then readjust from there to get them set.

yeah, good thinking. If you aer not used to a dremel, they can be a "little" aggressive and you may end up taking more material off then you wish, it does not take much to get the proper adjustment ;)

I found this is one of those things where it's really good to get a buddy's help. I had my wife watch the numbers on Tlink inside the car while I tweaked the sensor. It went a hell of a lot faster this way and I was able to concentrate on the setting procedure while she barked out the numbers to me as they changed. Way easier.

i think i've finally got it!! i had to push very hard on the throttle linkage to get it wide open, but it finally got in the range at bot idle and wot. i'll check it again tommorrow after i run it to make sure

thanks,
tim

Make sure you check your IAC setting! The numbers must have changed since you adjusted the TPS.

Dannyo