Tony Dequick CAS intercooler dimensions.

They stirred up the pot with the competition back in the day.
Now, most intercoolers are direct copies of the CAS model.
Cotton used to sell the CAS unit until he decided to copy it and sell his version.
Now they all look like the CAS version.

Somewhere around '97, PTE's intercooler was priced at $1200 at the Nationals.
We set up right next to Harry and put out the V2 for $799...
Harry dropped his down to $799 to match it. How could he drop $400 off the price?? :)
The rest was history...

The other issue is where the cores are coming from. Tony used to work at Modine and used to get cores from there.
Now they come from China..

YESSSS!!!!!!

This is exactly what I tell people when I tell them how much profit there is in a PTE turbo vs a Garrett or Borg Warner or Work...Why is it that you routinely hear of PTE turbos needing to be rebuild but never hear that of a BW or Garrett or WORK. Those companies make less profit but have better parts in their turbos compared to PTE...the proof speaks for itself..if they made less profit and invested more money in quality parts, this wouldn't happen to them...but no one is going to change..

The Precision front mount used a garrett core which is superior to the cores used in the CAS. Everybody got stuck in the mindset that the intercooler has to be bigger. That is not the case. You can have an intercooler half the size of the CAS V1 and out perform it. At 799, Harry probably barely made anything, but he saw that the little profit was better than not selling any intercoolers at all.

That is an early V1, thicker version of the V2. I had one, as well as the later V1.
I bought the cooler. It is 24" x 13" x 3 11/16", I assume the extra 11/16ths is what separates the early V1 from the V2? Thanks for the help on this... it looks like a quality product.