Tom's Turbo Garage - Grand National videos

Another great vid! I like that you put so much thought into making them as entertaining as possible, and that they're over 10min long. Awesome!

Thank you! I'd love to go into much more detail on my projects, but I'd need help filming. It's actually kind of tricky doing the work and filming it at the same time. I get a little better at it as time goes by though.

Great Video. but you should have keep the ALKY!!!!

Sorry to say but Julio (AKA Razor) makes the BEST KIT !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trust me your gonna regret that ONE!!!

Hi JD,

I didn't get rid of alcohol injection, I just changed the brains of the operation to the CoolingMist unit. No offense to Julio, but the coolingmist progressive controller was a better choice for me. There's no doubt that Julio makes a great kit that performs well.

x2, you gotta stick to what works the best and is PROVEN in our cars. Razors kit is second to none, made over 750rwp in mine with it for my street tune. You interested in selling that kit? I have a stocker that could use one..........

Maybe it wasn't clear in the video, but I didn't get rid of Julio's kit, I just changed the progressive controller to the coolingmist one. The pump, wiring, lines, etc. are all still Julio's setup.

Yea i would have got "Mark's" in dash bezel for the alky, making it appear factory and less clutter.

To each his own tho, i really like all the goodies in the glove box.

Thanks and I looked at Mark's setup and like it. I mostly just cruise in this car and was going for that 100% stock look inside the cabin.

I like it, looks good, clean and stock. And still have all the important stuff just an arms length away

Thank you! I'd love to go into much more detail on my projects, but I'd need help filming. It's actually kind of tricky doing the work and filming it at the same time. I get a little better at it as time goes by though.
Editing must be hard too. Great filming.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Editing must be hard too. Great filming.

Thank you sir and yes, editing is very time consuming. When it comes to editing I'm pretty limited by my current software (iMovie). I'll likely have to move to Final Cut Pro in the future to do the kind of stuff that I have in mind.

Ok.. The cooling mist was a small mistake, but to each his own. Your learning... The elephant in the room is the location of the Scanmaster.
You are going to be sorry about that location. These cars are very finicky.... Stuff happens fast out of the blue and I bet it wont be when your glove box is down and your eyes are squinting to see it. Let alone reaching over to hit the recall button after a good run in 3rd gear!
Take my advise and move it to where you can see it while at WOT....This is constructive criticism.
As always, good vid! Your very thorough and meticulous and this will help many Buick owners out when installing their parts.

Thank you for the support and I always appreciate constructive criticism. I have lots to learn and always welcome advice from others!

The cooling mist progressive controller is a good unit that provides precise visual control of the injection start/max and flow curve between the two points. I honestly didn't expect anyone to take exception to swapping out the analog components to a more modern, digital unit that includes a built in map sensor. Also, there was something amiss with my alkycontrol unit, as I could not get it to respond properly when testing it. Since it came with the car and I had no receipts/etc. for the kit to get it properly serviced, I decided to go a different direction and use a digital controller. It works great now.

Regarding the scanmaster, I understand what you're saying. Every turbo car I've owned has had some sort of warning device tied to knock sensing. I had the scanmaster on the dash since I bought the car and never saw any knock. I guess my tune isn't aggressive enough! I can still easily move it to the dash and very well may do so.

Your Turbo TA looks awesome, do you have some more pics posted on here that I could check out? I really, really love those.

-Tom

Ok.. The cooling mist was a small mistake, but to each his own. Your learning... The elephant in the room is the location of the Scanmaster.
You are going to be sorry about that location. These cars are very finicky.... Stuff happens fast out of the blue and I bet it wont be when your glove box is down and your eyes are squinting to see it. Let alone reaching over to hit the recall button after a good run in 3rd gear!
Take my advise and move it to where you can see it while at WOT....This is constructive criticism.
As always, good vid! Your very thorough and meticulous and this will help many Buick owners out when installing their parts.

Attachments

• IMG_0843[1].JPG
    IMG_0843[1].JPG
    2 MB · Views: 167
  • IMG_0787[1].JPG
    IMG_0787[1].JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 175
Big fan Tom. Glad to see that you kept most of the alky kit in place. As far as I see it changing to a coolingmist controller is no different from someone changing to an ISAC (I think that's the correct spelling) controller. I do agree with others about moving the scan master back into view. Also I really like your Eagle Talon. Oh and final cut pro is great for editing as soon as you get the hang of it.

First of all, love your videos Tom. Really really great job on them. Its kinda funny I bought my car around the same time you did. So I'm going through the same upgrades and maintenance that your going through. Mine did not have a radio in it so I also got the original radio for it but then I realized it also didn't have speakers. I thought ok no problem I was going to replace them anyway. But my problem is the stock radio took 10 ohm speakers and new radios take 4 ohm. What did you do with speakers? Thanks Tom for your videos keep up the great work!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Big fan Tom. Glad to see that you kept most of the alky kit in place. As far as I see it changing to a coolingmist controller is no different from someone changing to an ISAC (I think that's the correct spelling) controller. I do agree with others about moving the scan master back into view. Also I really like your Eagle Talon. Oh and final cut pro is great for editing as soon as you get the hang of it.

Hey, thank you! I appreciate the tips and I do plan to take the plunge on FCP, I'm just kinda afraid that it will increase my editing time too much. I have very little time to dedicate to these as it stands now! Haha. Thanks again sir.

First of all, love your videos Tom. Really really great job on them. Its kinda funny I bought my car around the same time you did. So I'm going through the same upgrades and maintenance that your going through. Mine did not have a radio in it so I also got the original radio for it but then I realized it also didn't have speakers. I thought ok no problem I was going to replace them anyway. But my problem is the stock radio took 10 ohm speakers and new radios take 4 ohm. What did you do with speakers? Thanks Tom for your videos keep up the great work!

Thank you for the support and I'm glad that you like the videos and find them helpful! My car has factory speakers, besides the 6x9s in the back, and everything seems to be working well, maybe I should take a closer look at the ohm ratings- oops! :oops: