Todays Junkyard Find...

hey olds 443... did you ever here of a gmo cutlass. last year there was a 73-74 gmo cutlass in the yard and it was picked clean before it got into the yard. i guess the workers knew what it was. gmo stands for "gallent men of olds" if i spelled it right?

No, first I ever heard of it. I have heard of a GT but that was in like 87-88 and some of the later fwd Calais. Got any picts?

My Mom had a 73 Cutlass when I was in high school that I pretty much drove all the time until my Fairlane was ready. I loved that car, seen one not too long ago and called the trans shop it was at to see if it was for sale.

That is pretty much a lot of my Car history with my Family. Growing up Dad always had Fords he would race (Galaxys and Fairlanes, he hated Mustangs because he loved Falcons) and his daily drivers were always Oldsmobiles , mainly Cutlass but also a Vista Cruiser we had forever and 98's.

Pulled a NA 109 out of an 87 Limited the other day. Finally got it torn down and it had the rolled fillets on the rod journals, 100% turbo crank. This engine was beautiful, still had factory pistons, bearings and rope seals, and the crank was so nice I wouldnt hesitate to buy new STD brgs and drop it in!
ODO had 93K, car had a shredded front R tire and a smashed front R side. No rust, even the floor pans, it was apparent this car was well taken care of. But since the yard moved it around with a back hoe the body took a beating.
I paid $250 for all I could strip: Engine, tail lights, tilt column, vac brakes, various int & Ext trim.
I asked the guy to hold it for me, and then a month later I was thinking of telling him to forget it because I was lacking funds, motivation, and space...glad I didn't.

87gta-turbo said:
Pulled a NA 109 out of an 87 Limited the other day. Finally got it torn down and it had the rolled fillets on the rod journals, 100% turbo crank. This engine was beautiful, still had factory pistons, bearings and rope seals, and the crank was so nice I wouldnt hesitate to buy new STD brgs and drop it in!
ODO had 93K, car had a shredded front R tire and a smashed front R side. No rust, even the floor pans, it was apparent this car was well taken care of. But since the yard moved it around with a back hoe the body took a beating.
I paid $250 for all I could strip: Engine, tail lights, tilt column, vac brakes, various int & Ext trim.
I asked the guy to hold it for me, and then a month later I was thinking of telling him to forget it because I was lacking funds, motivation, and space...glad I didn't.

Damn good find!!! I am looking forward to the nicer weather so I can go searching!!!

I found a 1968 Buick Wildcat with a near MINT interior. A real 9 out of 10. Complete. Everything was there. Nothing missing. No rips or tears or fading. Odometer said 31k miles on it. I wouldn't doubt that this car only had 31k miles on it. Even the upper dash pad was beautiful. Must have been sitting outside forever as the paint was completely gone. The glass was all there. Car was a hard top. If it was a vert I would have bought the whole thing and risked divorce.

Motor was complete. Valve covers said "Buick 430-4".

All I could get was the valve covers. I had no way of carrying any of the interior peices out of the yard and we don't have any where to store the parts at my house. :mad:

I saw a tan Buick Regal limited with a decent blue interior. Complete. I got the lighted panel that sits above the glove box. It is a little rough, but I am going to see if I can modify it and customize it and try it out in my GN. Passenger door panel was good/fair but drivers side was fair/poor, so I didn't bother. Rear seat, sail panels, inserts, etc were pretty nice. It still had the 109 motor, but there was nothing I could do with it. :mad:

darn, darn darn!!!

Justa! Did ya hands get caught in the Cookie Jar???

Dam, glad you didn't break your fingers. I did something stupid today. Split my head open shooting a high powered .22 Rifle, when the scope popped me right in the friggin forehead. Result: 1 1/2 split in the middle of my forehead! Gosh, Darn #%#@@~! Anyways, need stitches, but will resort to bandaids- don't want to spend all day in the ER

well, thats my story for today... as Herman Munster used to say, "Darn Darn Darn!

I split my head liked that once... I say the Monte Carlo bit back! Anyways go to the Doc and ask for the non-stitch glue that they put on. If it's not too bad/deep they can just glue it and bandage it. No pain and in a few days it's healing.
Lot better than a scar, then again I don't know how ugly you are so maybe it won't matter :eek:
Just messing with you, but seriously go the doc and get it fixed or you will always have the scar to remind you (and everyone else).

i found a nice little t-type for a few hundred bucks, starte to gut insides and pulled center console...a nice gold rope necklace, not bad, ...

jlbuick said:
i found a nice little t-type for a few hundred bucks, starte to gut insides and pulled center console...a nice gold rope necklace, not bad, ...

lol.

I know it man. My wife keeps asking me "why do you like going to that nasty place"... :D

It is a treasure hunt / time machine / parts warehouse...

jsta6 said:
lol.

I know it man. My wife keeps asking me "why do you like going to that nasty place"... :D

It is a treasure hunt / time machine / parts warehouse...

I say the same thing. I also tell her for everytime that I've spent crawling around in the dirt,broken glass and just plain human scum I've found something to make up for it. I've turned the top drawer of my tool box into my treasure chest of sorts.

One of my latest finds. A 1982 Chuckie Cheese $.25 token. Anybody collect this junk? Its not everyday you find a 25 year old piece of real Americana.

I keep saying the next time "Antiques Roadshow" comes to town I'm taking that drawer down to see if there really is any treasure there!

She also keeps asking me if I ever find any weed hiding in them cars! Jeez,go buy it like the rest of us,will ya!

wow

this tread is cool i wish i knew of a junk yard around me that would let you look around i heard that they wont let you do that in any of them around me anymore if anybody knows on im from Bay City MI let me know

I haven't been to a yard in years, and I'm sure Rob has everything already... But I did stay at a Holiday Inn the other day. :biggrin:

Scored a low fuel light module
mint fuel reg lines
door pull strap
speedo parts and instrument cluster bulbs

For my Ranger I found a cherry set of headlights that were clear as a bell.
The Fords typically yellow out and the reflector goes.
These were on a extended cab ranger and it was flooded during hurr katrina and he must have just put em in before it went for a swim even got the bulbs and they worked perfect.

Also got a cherry pass side door arm rest for the Ford
clutch linkage part

Out the door 42 bucks

Could get the headlights for that!!!
Found a Gran Prix g body with the driver side bucket I will go back and snatch it out for the foam

SBorel and I were at the Pick N' Pull in Richmond and he found a tube of "Genitil desensitizer" in the trunk of an old late 80's 3-series BMW :eek: My stomach is still sore from laughing :D

Limited 87

My buddy purchased a 87 limited complete with moonroof and vinal top. he purchased it from the original owner. the guy was a 68 year old man. The car was sitting in his driveway for 2 years with 2 flats. Back in 1993 this guy spent around $13,000 at conleys in houston for a total rebuild. he picked up the car for $2000. When we got it home we looked in the truck and found 12 extra large condoms... the old guy is the man......

perfectly fine 2nd gen f-body:
2ndgenen7.jpg

aren't these super chargers worth something?:
eaton1rf8.jpg

eaton2mx8.jpg

Perfectly good LT1 from a 1994 Buick road master (I got the sway bar for a buddy):
lt1yn6.jpg

Aren't these nort star motors worth something?:
northstarvb0.jpg

my bud has a junkyard near me and i'm always going through looking for stuff too, i was going through a crown vic cop car awhileback and found a parking ticket book from the city of Bloomington,IL. needless to say that somehow all my friends have been issued parking tickets from Bloomington, and we dont live in Bloomington (of course when they get them they know where they came from):biggrin:

That's a funny find. Shawn, I recognize the UPI pics...I saw that Firebird when they brought it in, pretty rusty, surprise someone took that much. I've had some good finds lately, about a month ago I found an ambulance that had just that day been dropped. Still had the Federal Signal Aerodynic lightbar on it which I snagged for $30 and sold for $150. It had a siren speaker inside of it which I removed and will sell for $60-$80. A week after that I got an entire siren out of another old ambulance. Last week I got a perfect dashpad out of a '68 Fury for $10 and another siren speaker out of an old Hollywood PD car for $6. :) The lightbar is the all red one in this pic:

AerodyneCollection.jpg