To members from out side the Rust Belt I Tell you this....

Anything and everything...lol! I'll prolly back half it, it'll get rid of all the trunk/rear seat rot. (27 and ALWAYS wanted to build a pro street car) Though, it's my fault that it's this bad. It was the classic "Father/Son" build. '83 Regal/high 12 sec n/a 3.8 build/ etc. But, college, lack of disposable income, and life got in the way. Just pulled it out from behind my 'rents garage on sunday where it has sat in peace for at least 6 years. Made my mom happy...lol!:D Oh well, here we go....:redface:

Yikes dude, I'm from 90% of the time raining Seattle, and my '68 has ONE small 2in patch to do behind a rear wheel. SOLID floorboards... Its 100% the salt you guys use.

Mine is the same way.
I echo that "sigh".
Needs new passengers door, rear quarters, trunk pan, trunk lid... heck, the fuel tank mounts on one side rusted through bad enough that I can't put the tank back in yet.
The frame is even cracked apart in a few spots where the hooker duals hang from.
If it weren't my grandpas car handed down to me, I'd swap the drivetrain into a clean roller. But, it wouldn't be the same. This year I'm putting my effort into getting a decent garage up, so I have room to work. Right now all I have is a single 20X8X12 portable shelter. Plus I am going to get a mig and learn to weld.

I hear ya on the rust. Even my 01 Cruiser's door sills are rotted through!
If I didn't have my dad that I need to keep an eye on, not to mention the rest of my family plus a stable job, I'd get the heck outta here!!

Mine is the same way.
I echo that "sigh".
Needs new passengers door, rear quarters, trunk pan, trunk lid... heck, the fuel tank mounts on one side rusted through bad enough that I can't put the tank back in yet.
The frame is even cracked apart in a few spots where the hooker duals hang from.

At least I'm not alone. I already have mint doors, trunk lid. The pass. side floor boards are great and the driver rear floor is an easy fix. My frame sucks too. I plan on replacing it regardless(to crusty and rotted in the rear).

If it weren't my grandpas car handed down to me, I'd swap the drivetrain into a clean roller.But, it wouldn't be the same.

Kinda in the same boat. It's my first car/project and there are alot of memories/feelings attached. So I don't mind the work/aggravation.:eek:

This year I'm putting my effort into getting a decent garage up, so I have room to work. Right now all I have is a single 20X8X12 portable shelter. Plus I am going to get a mig and learn to weld.

I got lucky when I bought my current house. My garage is only a one car, but big enough for tear down and a HUGE 2nd story for lots of storage. Wish I had the $$ for a welder...lol! Though it does help that I have quite a few body shops at my disposal. Working in a BUSY Toyota dealership parts dept. helps a lot...lol!:D