TL help..

gndude

Can anyone help a TL rookie out reading this .ECM file? Car seems to run okay, but has a slight miss at medium/WOT? My O2 numbers seem to jump all over the place, sometimes even zero? EGR seems to read zero most of the time as well? HELP

Attachments

• oct17rn1.txt
    18.2 KB · Views: 130
Ok...I'm not an expert by any means, but just by looking at it a little bit...

Your car hasn't come up to temp yet...you were only up to 154 by the end of the file...so earlier in the file, you were probably still in open loop...The IAC seems a little high at idle in the beginning of the file...but as before, car hasn't come up to temp yet...

O2s will jump all over the place at idle and cruise...At WOT, they will tend to settle into a set range of numbers, say around 800-820...some like to go a little leaner like 780-800 or so...O2s will go to zero on deceleration, that is normal...

EGR will read zero at idle and WOT...at part throttle it will be at varying percentages...

So, get the car up to temp(160 or above if you have a 160 thermostat, or above 180 if still stock thermostat), and get another TLink file and post it...along with some info(mods) about your car...stock chip??? aftermarket chip??? what turbo, injs, etc??? What year car??? What boost @ WOT???

BTW, do you have the boost sensing harness for TLink??? If not, change the Boost/MAT option to MAT, not Boost...

Anyone else see anything I may have missed???

Okay, here is the next .ECM file that was taken after the car was at operating temp.. I'm also wondering about the Air readings I'm getting, wonder if my MAF is bad. Here are the specs. on my car:

1) Stock Chip - Thrasher on the way when the car is tuned to stock chip.
2) K&N
3) 160 Therm
4) Stock Injectors
5) Stock Turbo
6) 50,000 Miles

Installed new coil pack, plugs, IAC, O2 (Bosch!) try to fix the miss.

Any special instructions on how to run the car during recording to catch tuning parms?

Thanks for the help

Attachments

• oct10rn2.txt
    18.2 KB · Views: 127
Ok...I had a big long reply typed in, then got the BSOD...the Blue Screen Of Death!!! :mad:

Basically, I think you are running a little lean...Putting the K&N on is getting more air into the motor making it run leaner...

You need to also do the IAC reset procedure explained somewhere on the Gnttype website...get the IAC numbers to about 25-35 in park, when in gear they will be a little lower...

If you haven't already put an aftermarket fuel pump(Walbro 307 or 340) and an adjustable fuel pressure regulator, you need to do that next BEFORE you put a new chip in...The stock pump was barely able to keep up with the stock setup...The stock fuel pressure should be around 38# or so(if my memory is right)...You need a little more...When you put in the Thrasher, you need to raise it to 45#...Fuel system has to be done first on these cars before you do anything else to them...

The miss at medium/WOT, in my opinion, is from detonation(i.e., running a little lean)...

Have you tried the tap test on the MAF??? With the handle of a screwdriver and the car at idle, gently tap(not hard), and did I mention not hard, on your MAF...If the idle stumbles or misses, then the MAF is probably bad...Good Luck finding a new one...But I really think you are just running out of fuel...

The stock chip also has a little too aggressive timing curve for the gas we've got today...If you can, with TLink hooked up, drive around until you notice the miss and look on TLink and see if you're getting knock retard at that time...Running a little lean and having the stock chip on 92-93 octane pump gas is dangerous...

Hope this helps...

Anyone else with something to add???

Okay, I'll work on the fuel side first (Pump and regulator) before I do anything else. Any suggestions on a regulator ( make/model)?

Sorry about the delay getting back here...I think the Accufab Adj Reg will be the last one you would ever need to buy...They are rebuildable...I think they are like ~$120 or so...Not sure on the price...Give Jack Cotton a call...He may even have some type of package deal(Reg + Pump) or something...I don't know, you'll have to ask him...