Tire question!

Busyman

[BAD HBT 6]
Quick question, will this tire set-up fit on my 87 GN with stock rims? I not a tire guy so any input will be appreciated.

Mickey Thompson ET Street Drag Radials 275/60/15

Thanks in advance,

Busyman
:cool:

Yes might rub the frame rail! I have them on my car but going back with the Mickey et street drag slicks 26/10.50

Tire question re:

Thanks for the quick response guys. He said that they have been run 20-30 times down the track and is looking to get 150.00 for both. Does that reasonable? I'm not taking my car to the track but would like to have them on there (just in case) while cruising around.

Busyman

I think those are too wide for stock GN rims. The contact patch will be bad since the tire will bulge from being on a 7" wide wheel. I don't think I'd try it myself.

Quick question, will this tire set-up fit on my 87 GN with stock rims? I not a tire guy so any input will be appreciated.

Mickey Thompson ET Street Drag Radials 275/60/15

Thanks in advance,

Busyman
:cool:
According to MT:
275/60/15 is approved for a 7.5-9.5 wheel.
255/60/15 is approved for a 7.0-9.0 wheel
275/50/15 is approved for a 7.5-9.5 wheel
235/60/15 is approved for a 6.5-8.5 wheel
Mickey Thompson Performance Tires & Wheels

Thanks for the info guys. This board and it's professional members are always a pleasure to deal with. That M/T chart really helped me out.

Busyman

I've got them on my GN and used a 1/4" spacer. I could have used a BFH too if needed. I've lifted the left front wheel before, yup, they're sticky !!

Lifting the front tire

Nothing better than lifting that front tire off the ground. When I figure out what I am going to do, I will post it up.

Thanks,

Busyman

Great price if you can get them to fit properly. I think it will be ok but barely. Worth a try, it's a great tire.

they will fit problem with our cars is the rearend isnt always dead center so 1 tire might rub ... i only had problems with rubbing when i turned sharp