Tips for replacing pass. upper control arm bushing

QuickSixx

OHIO Where the fast 6's R
I've got one that got cooked by the downpipe. I've taken off the downpipe and got the nut off. Now do you guys have any tricks for knocking the bushing out? Will an air hammer work???? Any advice sure would help out. :D Thanks

Thanks HYPER, Now how about getting the new bushing pressed in? Use a hamer to start it till I get enough threads to bring it the rest of the way in with the nut?? Thanks

A arm bushing

I use a air chisel to remove, usually pops em right out!
puttin them in, I have a pipe that fits the outer metal of the bushing, and using a manly hammer, (no love taps here!) put them right in! ( I guess you could use a socket, instead of the pipe,?? ) support it on your vice jaws, and presto buick bushing!
good luck,
cruzn57

I had a friend hold mine on top of a vice and took a socket that fit the metal part of the bushing and drove it in. Make sure you put the bar in it though.

I guess I should have told you guys the a-arm is still on the car??:p Got any tips. Don't want to go through the hastle of taking the whole control arm off if I don't have too.
:cool: Thanks

Sorry to say, but I think you'll have a hard time doing this without removing the whole arm. I would even say that attempting to do it without removing the arm will be a lot more hassle for you than just taking the arm off.

I knew he was trying to cheat. ;)

At this time it should be easier to get the arm out. Lotsa WD40, pop the ball joint, and count and save the shim stacks.

Getting the old bushing out and the new one in is the hard part of the whole job, unless the downpipe is still in there which yours isn't. :)

Shop can do the bushings easy if you walk in with them and the control arm, if you can't get creative with a vice press setup.

Good luck.

To loosen things PB blaster penetrant is the best ive used in my 25 years of doin this crap. Freeze the bushings to ease install.

Thanks for the help guys. Getting ready to go out in the garage now. A- arm will come out.:cool: