timing chain

MELOVEGN

Hey guys would anyone do me a big favor and take the time out of your day to help me out and list out item by item exactly what parts i will need to do my timing chain and also any tips or ideas or suggested upgrades i should do at the same time

THANKS A BUNCH IN ADVANCE

1] Lots of patience-Mark anyting you disconnect and tag it. By the time your are done, your going to have a lot of bolts laying around.
2] Replace with anything but stock gears- they are terrrible. Roller gears are nice, but not necessary for every day use.
3] Read and understand the cam sensor setting procedure. If you don't, you'll be posting here right after you are done because you can't get your car started.
4] I personnally would replace the crank sensor at that time.
5] be careful when you remove the balancer. It's ez to damage the interuptor ring.
6] Replace the fuel filter a that time as well
7] Same for the belt
8] Tighten the balancer to the correct torque fittings, or see #3 above.

Good luck!

go to www.gnttype.org There are a couple of pages for the timing chain replacement. I am in the process of doing mine now. I am getting a roll master from john's performance. There are mixed feelings on the double roller but i think i need it:D I am replacing the waterpump,putting oil and temp gauges on,booster plate for oil pump, replacing all hoses, doing rear main seal, removing casting flash out of front cover water passages and oil passages,either going to get the radiator cleaned or recored to a 4 row, I haven't decided yet etc etc...that all i can think of right now. I have set aside a couple of months for my work because i only get to work on it a little at a time:( .........hth......................................Bob:)

Thanks Guys
I have been involved in them before and knew some of these things and will more than likely have some other experienced guys helping out, what i was basically looking for is a list of things i need itemized, im trying not to have to go back and forth to the parts store lol

For example:

1. Timing chain/gear set
2. Water Pump
3. Front seal
ETC ETC

Thanks for the info so far and i hope i might get some more
Thanks!!

Cloyes timing chain
Cloyes Cam button and spring
Cloyes tensioner
Felpro timing gasket kit
Airtex Waterpump