timing chain problems

trbojo

'Stang Stinger
does anyone make a double roller timing set that doesn't stretch to the point of unusable after 1 year? I've gone through an edelbrock true roller and a cloyes street roller so far and both have stretched to the point of 4 degrees movement at the crank before the cam sensor starts to move. help.......

I have a rollmaster in mine (currently engine is apart) and I have checked everything (need a new crank). The roll master checks out perfect. Its been @ 150 passes and almost 6k miles. My Gn is a toy that is used, not a trailer queen. With the transbreak and slicks I figured it would need replacing but its going back in once I get a steel crank, balanced, block line honed. Jon

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

does anyone make a double roller timing set that doesn't stretch to the point of unusable after 1 year? I've gone through an edelbrock true roller and a cloyes street roller so far and both have stretched to the point of 4 degrees movement at the crank before the cam sensor starts to move. help.......

What we have found is that the chain does not stretch, but the cast cam gear wears very fast? :(

The Rollmaster set has a billet cam gear, and it is of course much more wear-resistant.

I have a rollmaster in mine (currently engine is apart) and I have checked everything (need a new crank). The roll master checks out perfect. ..... I figured it would need replacing ........ Jon...................

You can purchase just the replacement Rollmaster chain from TA and use your gears which is what I do after 50-100 9 sec. passes to be safe. :)

OK...looks like I'll be calling ta for the roll master but can someone please clarify the tensioner issue! I've seen guys say use it and guys say don't use it...I haven't used it either time and was told by my engine builder not to...I can't see any possible way of getting it on anyway...

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

If the outside of your chain is 'lumpy' then you cannot use a tentioner as the chain will beat it to pieces (literally). The only time you can use a stock tentioner is with a smooth chain like the factory hi-vo unit.