time to play "guess what these plug into"

projectmoneypit

tx firefighter
Finishing up my build of my 87 gn. I have built this car from 3 parts cars. I had to change out every original harness in the car. Here are the connectors that i cant find what they plug into. I have a digital dash and manual controled hvac control head if that helps. Pic 1 is in the glove box area its a white connector. pic 2 and 3 is also in the glove box area behind the hvac control head. Pic 4 and 5 is under the center of the dash under the stock radio. Pic 6 is under the top drivers side dash area by the positive junction block. Pic 7 is under the hood front of drivers valve cover (2) conectors. Also where is the plug in the dash to plug the harness into for the light in the center console shifter indicator. Thanks for any help.
Greg

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 342
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 330
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 326
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 339
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 330
I have no idea on under dash stuff, but the last pic is of the tach lead and fuel pump test, they don't plug into anything unless you put a tach in the car or want to fire up your fuel pump manually.

Last pic

I have no idea on under dash stuff, but the last pic is of the tach lead and fuel pump test, they don't plug into anything unless you put a tach in the car or want to fire up your fuel pump manually.

In the last pic, which is for the tach and which is for the fuel pump test? My wire with the green plastic end has no insulation on it anymore and is all corroded and the strands are brittle! I suppose I should put some electrical tape on it.

In your number 2 pic, the wire with the brown end normally plugs into the fuse panel, what it powers I do not know.

In the last pic, which is for the tach and which is for the fuel pump test? My wire with the green plastic end has no insulation on it anymore and is all corrodedand the strands are brittle! I suppose I should put some electrical tape on it.

In your number 2 pic, the wire with the brown end plugs into the fuse panel, what it powers I do not know, yet.

Green is tach lead, black is FP

In the last pic, which is for the tach and which is for the fuel pump test? My wire with the green plastic end has no insulation on it anymore and is all corroded and the strands are brittle! I suppose I should put some electrical tape on it.

In your number 2 pic, the wire with the brown end normally plugs into the fuse panel, what it powers I do not know.

Are you sure? that brown coonector is over by the glove box, it would be impossible for it to reach the fuse panel on the drivers side.

Are you sure? that brown coonector is over by the glove box, it would be impossible for it to reach the fuse panel on the drivers side.

I see that now, that it is too far away. I was just going by the type of end on the wire....I have seen ends like that plugged into the fuse panel all the time. If I get a chance today, I will look in the glove box area of my car.

pic one (clear connector hanging down from glovebox opening) pretty sure is for regal limiteds with lighted glovebox panel on the dash, could be for glove box lamp i ferget

brown wire doesnt go to fuse block its just taped there on analog dash

the last two in first post (black rubbery round connector with grey black wires) is for the ashtray lighting (not used with console)
it takes a push in bulb , on console they ue a 3m tap lock connector at the gray (illumination) to power the console shifter lamp, black wire i ground if your running console gauges you can utilize these wires to light your gauges

purple wire under dash above fuse box , typically thats the rear defog wire

not every plug has a mate as some are for options your car may not have

The pink wire near the fuse panel, is the astro roof wiring,,Kirban sells a kit to help speed up your windows, that draws it's power from that plug..

I just took a look behind the glove box for the wire with the brown end and I couldn't find it anywhere. I'm glad I looked though, I found a ground wire that was broke off from it's ringed terminal. It was plugged into a terminal with 3 places with a red and orange wire coming out of it also. I will have to find out what those 2 are for...anyone know?

I had the radio out today and saw that brown connector in your 2nd pic,
I was going to see what it plugged into but forgot about it when I started having problems getting the new radio to work! Next time I'll check it out.

The funky brown connector is power for the C-68 touch climate control

The white connector in glove box is for the lighted dash option on limiteds.