time to finally say hello from Tucson, AZ

BigReade

Buick City Boy
Well, I've been a member here for a couple months, but figured a proper intro was due. My name is Reade Haley, and I currently live in Tucson AZ.

But my affinity for the Turbo Buicks began 30 years ago, when they were released in my hometown of Flint MI. I have wanted one for years, and finally found the one a couple months ago. 1987 T, all original, 1 owner car. Came with every stitch of documentation from day 1.

The car, while very solid and clean, has a few small issues to work out, paint being the worst.

So far I've knocked out some spring cleaning, full tune up, intake pipe with the 85mm zo6 maf and maf translator, capped off by a K&N conical filter. I also have a hotwire kit and Walbro 450 fuel pump.

I've also picked up 60# injectors, scanmaster, boost gauge, tach, oil pressure gauge and water temp gauge.

on order right now is 3" downpipe, test pipe w/cutout, adj fpr, powerlogger and then the car is off to Nick Micale for its transformation. Nick is also handling the e85 TT chip for me so we can get this bad boy on some corn!

will update with pics of progress as it comes along, shouldnt be too much longer before I'm terrorizing the mass amounts of rice induced kids around town here (I'll have my GoPro strapped and mounted!)
20140226_154147.jpg
20140125_141354.jpg

Attachments

• 20140227_161523.jpg
    20140227_161523.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 98
  • 20140125_163625.jpg
    20140125_163625.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 104
Last edited:
Sounds like a game plan for a great summer. That sleeper should humble many high dollar autos.
You're in good hands with Nick.

Welcome to the site and Happy Spooling.:)

Mike Barnard

Thank you sir, much appreciated! I actually planned on getting in touch with you as well for some replacement fillers!

Thank you sir, much appreciated! I actually planned on getting in touch with you as well for some replacement fillers!

Kool.
Check with Nick first. He may have some in stock and can save you money on shipping. :)

Mike B.

Welcome !!
Great find, I happen to like the bench seat Buicks ur in great hands with nick hopefully
U can make the show June 1st..

Thank you sir! I have to say, it's been an absolute pleasure getting to know Nick, and an honor for me to have him even offer to help me through all of this!

I was unaware of a June 1st show, do you have a link for it? I would LOVE to be there if possible!

Once you get past his grumpy shit, Nick is the best local asset that you could possibly find in regard to your TR .:D

Pay attention to his advice, take your time, spend your money on the bare essentials before you start throwing money at "problems".

Read up on information about your car right here.

I'm sure Nick has already said the same.o_O

Last edited:
Nick is the best local asset that you could possibly find in regard to your TR .

Pay attention to his advice, take your time, spend your money on the bare essentials before you start throwing money at "problems".

Read up on information about your car right here.

I'm sure Nick has already said the same.

Yes sir, he has as much. I'm actually going to be trailering my car up there in the next week or so, and try to help with what I can, but really hoping to be a sponge so I can soak up some of his wisdom!

I find myself on this forum for hours every day, just trying to learn what I can. I'm heading up to Wildhorse Pass in the morning and hopefully run into Nick and a few other turbo guys out there

When you come up, make sure Nick gets you by to see me at work.

Nick will explain.........

Hey Reade,

Welcome aboard!

Good choice with Nick, can't go wrong.

Love the Rosewood car's!! Sent you a PM also.

Thx!

Thank you sir! I have to say, it's been an absolute pleasure getting to know Nick, and an honor for me to have him even offer to help me through all of this!

I was unaware of a June 1st show, do you have a link for it? I would LOVE to be there if possible!
Yeah me too ^^^

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Two months away. The biggest Turbo Buick show West of The Mississippi. Nick will be coming out with a convoy from AZ.:)
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/buicks-at-bates-car-show-2014-june-1st-2014.409621/

It's free to get in and everyone who brings a Turbo Buick gets a free event T-shirt.

Hope to see you there.
Mike B.

Found a set of brand new T center caps to go with the new GTA wheels, now I just need to order the tires and we can get these on the car!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-04-02-23-52-45.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-02-23-52-45.png
    980.7 KB · Views: 73
Well, after going through 2 brand new VDO 52mm tachs, and neither one of them working, I've changed it up and bought an Autogage 5" monster tach. I had 2 open spots in my A pillar cluster, so I've decided to just use those for my oil pressure and water temp gauges. Not sure what the issue was with the VDO's, but neither one would work fresh out the box. This in turn is going to free up my radio delete cluster I was going to do, so I guess I'm in the market for a factory radio now (hopefully one that laready has the aux jack in it), so if anybody knows of one for a fair price, let me know

Attachments

• 233904.jpeg
    233904.jpeg
    54.7 KB · Views: 93