Tick Sound...Audio/Video, NEED INPUT

Vett-Klr said:
The sewing machine noise is normal with any decent sized cam, you wont get rid of that.
This other noise has quite a few of us stumped.
Hopefully resurfacing this thread will lead to others chime in....

Help!

I disagree. I had the 210/205 with the sewing machine noise. I swapped it out for a 208/208 and the noise was gone and so was the false knock that I had been chasing for over a year.

chrisgarrett said:
I disagree. I had the 210/205 with the sewing machine noise. I swapped it out for a 208/208 and the noise was gone and so was the false knock that I had been chasing for over a year.

Every cam I ever had in every car, other than the stock one, made the sewing machine noise, not the knock noise. Are you sure your hearing the corect noise?

I have the rpm sensitive tapping as well. Not at idle but at about 2000 rpm and I get false knock at cruising speed that goes away when you give it throttle :confused:

Vett-Klr said:
Every cam I ever had in every car, other than the stock one, made the sewing machine noise, not the knock noise. Are you sure your hearing the corect noise?

I've had 4 cams in my car and the first three gave me fits with valvetrain noise. I checked for a wiped lobe, bent pushrod, broken rockers, bad lifter, etc. In the end, when I went to the highly recommended 208/208, the noise was gone. I now have the quietest engine I have ever had on any car. :)

greg lott said:
put a screwdriver to my ear and on top of cam sensor, sounds alright.
try it again greg this time get a cheap thin old water hose cut it from the screw on end about 2ft long i guess & give it another listen i saw this on the board somewhere and amazed in 2 days found 3 noises header flange leak was first sounded like that, then a downpipe leak, sound like its spitting through a staw was the second noise the last noise sounded like a tapping noise (sewing machine) but milder, set it on top of my cam sensor bingo dont know what im gonna do about that yet wanna go to the track 2morro first time ive heard it, i wonder if it'll hurt anything. best little noise finding tool ive ever had - found them quick too with out it noises sounds like its all over the place on that car. i keep it in the trunk. :)

When the motor was put together,was the lifter pre-load checked?
It really sounds like a lifter not pumped up all the way to me.Could have gotten a bad lifter or as much as we all try to keep everything clean when putting together these motors, it is possible that a lifter got a little piece of trash in it.That will cause the lifter to have too much clearance and not be able to pump up all the way. :confused:

Just my .02 worth

Puddin