THS Roll call for norwalk

Not looking good for Columbus now, found bearing material in the oil filter not a good sign. Not sure what is up with it till we can get it pulled, again.. That won't be for a couple a weeks

Oh crap...not what we wanted to hear...good luck hopefully you caught it before it got to bad.

Norwalk is always a great event and I had a blast in my first THS outing and thanks to the group for allowing me to participate and put some hits on the new combo. After reading Lonnie's post I ran back out to the garage and remembered to grab the ladder info from Simpson.

Ernie Young had a number 1 seeding with a 10.299, trapping at 131.59mph. Since we fielded 7 cars, he had the bye. Ernies times were also the Low E.T. and Top Speed for the event.

I was the #4 qualifier at 11.64 @124.09 paired up against #5 qualifier Jamie Wolcott with an 11.88 @105.10 but as stated, ran into possible converter issues leaving me with a broke/bye run.

The #2 qualifier, Hansen, who earned that spot with a 10.52@ 131.27 tripped the redlight allowing Lisa Fischer to cruise to a win. Lisa had qualified earlier at the #7 spot with a 12.92 @ 114.63.

The #3 qualifier was Lonnie Diers sorting out his new combo with an 11.512 @ 128.76 paired up against O'Conner at the #6 spot with an 11.95 @ 112.11.

IIRC Hansen and Fischer were the only two to actually get off an elimination run before the skies opened up ending a great day of racing.

Thanks again goes out to Lonnie, Kirby and tech guru Scott Simpson for resurrecting my laptop so I could datalog! Looking forward to BPG and hopefully a great THS turnout and event.

Thanks Mike, it's always nice to see a breakdown for those of us that didn't make it.

Thanks Mike, nice write up. We had a blast even though it rained I would do it all over again.
I forgot how much it is like a big family reunion and is good to see all fellow buick guy's and girls.
Ronnie

I had a great time at Norwalk. Met Jamie very nice car BTW. Seen a few I have not seen in a couple years and met some customers I have only talked to on the phone. We were able to get in two qualifying passes and one round of Elims before the rain. Last 4 standing were Myself, Ernie, Lisa, Mike. They split the money 4 ways. Lots of people there was really surprised. We started with 9 cars and 7 showed up for first round. One I think was a fuel pump the other I have no idea. Welcome to Mike Larson for his first THS showing. I wish I would have asked for a ladder I could post up some of the round info. I ran a personal best in the Rosewood of 10.60@129 car drove on the trailer so I am happy to say the least. I am looking forward to Columbus THS hope we can get some participation.
Thanks for the compliment, it's a work in progress for sure.

I'm trying to get in touch with Lonnie Diers is the number in his post correct, can someone contact me with the correct information?

Thanks,
Jamie

Oh crap...not what we wanted to hear...good luck hopefully you caught it before it got to bad.
I'm hoping so too... Not really sure what happened, not running much boost but sure had an issue... Hoping nothing serious and can get it back out shortly, too bad work gets in the way..

Just out of curosity did anyone else have a better reaction time then the .002 light I cut? I think I might have the pro tree figured out...

quickt said:
Best I had was .107 I would say .002 you got it figured out.

Lonnie,

Check your pm. I sent you a message a while back. I have a few questions about my engine you built.

Thanks,
Chris

Hoping to have the moter back in first of the week if not by next week, Columbus should be back on the calendar. Let's just say I'll be adding more fuel.