Thread on braided fuel re-turn line on a 85 GN!!

SHEPP2

Hi I have a 1985 GN and of coarse I'm having problems with fuel pressure not going lower than 50 psi after scan master upgrades. Looking for step by step braided fuel line return line replacement. I've read a few but wondering if it's the same as the 1987 GN. I read on which is http://buickturboregal.com/install-6-braided-return-line-buick-grand-national.html. After I install the -6 braided line under the fuel regulator what happens to the fuel filter line?? Confused....Still reading other threads Please Help....Thanks

return line from regulator should not have a fuel filter . the fuel filter should be on feed line same general location.

86/87 have fuel filter mounted to frame on driver side in front of rear tire. 84/85 have fuel filter mounted on driver side of timing cover . you can relocate filter to rear if changing feed line also.

sensors1-jpg.4753

I'm just trying to get an understanding b/c I'm trying to do this. Here's an example of my motor. See the fuel filter follow the line up which screws into the bottom of the regulator. Now from reading I would unscrew the line and add .....

DSC02218-300x225.jpg
I add this so that I can connect to the braided return line....

DSC02219-300x225.jpg

DSC02223-300x225.jpg
This will return to the gas tank.....What about the fuel filter and the line is it dead now....Want I still need my fuel filter?

DSC02240-300x225.jpg
Braided return line runs to middle port on gas tank....I'm I getting the 87 mixed up from the 85 or is this process the same??

look closer at the picture the line from the fuel filter crosses in front of line that goes to regulator to the right then to the fuel rail

all correct except the the fuel filter part......line from the frame on driver side goes to fuel filter.... then to passenger side of fuel rail..... then the line from the regulator goes to frame and back to the tank

O ok imme look at my motor in the morning. Thanks so much do you think a braided 6 line is best for a return line??

would you know how much length I may need as well as which way did you run your lines. Did you retrace where the original lines are?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I took both lines down driver side to tank. Not sure of length. I purchased a complete kit from racetronix. Including a relocated fuel filter in the 87 location I would guess measure from front of engine to front if tank add 1/2 width of car

Take a 3/8" air hose and route it through the car in the approximate path you want it to run, band it with masking tape at the proper ends. Then pull it out of the car, stretch it flat on the floor and measure.