Thrasher Chips are Bootleg?

GS70350

Check your EGR system to make sire it is all good, I am having almost the same exact problem and have gotten the code 32 only twice. I have triple checked the EGR valve itself and it is good, that only leaves the solenoid. test it for a vacuum leak as it will open the EGR valve when it should be closed.
Same problem as you are having though. Fire it up and it dies, try again and it dies going into gear. Usually only does it when cold (if you call 110deg outside cold) but has also messed up the blm tables adding lots of fuel to compensate.

Originally posted by GS70350
Anyone got a 50lbs thrasher chip out there thats in the testing phaze? i want one. i loved it with my stock injectors, but my max effort chip is hard to tune with for some reason. if anyone can tell me where i can get a 50 thrasher, i would appreciate it.
I've been playing with mine for a little while. It runs almost the same as the stock injectors did. Its a little fat on the bottom end but leans out nicely in 3rd. I'm using an SMC alky kit with 100% denatured alcohol to be able to run the 22-23psi. The chip is probably only good for 16psi on pump gas as it'll run out of fuel in 3rd gear.

But everything else about the Thrasher 92 for stock injectors is there with this one. Nice idle, great gas mileage, and anti-theft. Over the summer when going to Memphis for the F-Body event, I scored 29mpg over one leg. With the A/C on, it dropped to 27mpg. Pretty good I thought :) That was the same as the stock injectors.

eh, steve says its a bootleg copy, i never knew there was such a thing. i bought it from a friend, Jason White, who also uses it on his car. i bought his injectors and the chip from him, now he went to larger ones. steve wood says that its made for a different MAF sensor or something, do you know what MAF sensor it could be made for by any chance? i gotta deal with this chip for a while, im a broke high school kid. i have another friend with lots of MAF sensors, that i could swap onto mine. the chip has the following numbers written on it,

Max Effort
50# V 7.7
cons 18 19 20 21
SE1394 or it might be a 5E1394, or maybe even 7394, i cant read the numbers, they are worn a little,

thanks guys.

Well Jacob being a high school kid you were a bigger man for fessing up then most of us i guess......

Start collecting pop bottles young man, your penance will be 1000 of them and we'll get you going. Plus an hour in the corner.....

I always hated that.

My son occasionally used that "I'm just a kid stuff" on me too, and it worked sometimes ............

That ain't fair :)

LOL

Steve

Jacob,
On Monday, May 27, 2002 8:14 PMFrom: <GS70350@aol.com>
To: <gnttype@gnttype.org>Sent: Subject: Counterfeit power-plate!??<snip>
you told of getting a knock off powerplate from the guy in Canada.
After considerable discussion over the next few days I believe that Jason Cramer felt sorry for the "poor high school kid"
And he ended sending you a "real RJC" plate in exchange for the bogus copy your bought at no charge.
Now you bought a pirate version of a Max Effort chip and it looks like ol good hearted Steve Yaklin is offering to help you out somehow on this too. In a couple of months, you may as well post that you bought a Duttweiler Stage 2 motor from someone for cheap, not knowing that it was bogus. Turns out it was a hot air Riv motor.I'm sure that good ol Ken D. will feel sorry for you and send you a nice fresh 1200 HP virgin Stage 2.

What the heck, give it a try, so far you're doing pretty good for a "poor high school kid" who has been taken advantage of by others.

:rolleyes:

Dwight Hayden

"poor HS kid"

That deserves a "bull$hit" thrown on it...Buy the real stuff and quit beggin the parts...
Nuf said!

look, i never asked for the real thing. i said i was gonna just buy one from jason. then he wrote me a email and said he would exchange it. i NEVER asked for any free parts. I AM a high school student, and i Dont have money, the money i got for this chip, was from selling the wheels, some engine components, stock injectors and chips that came with the car when i purchased it, and from a insurance claim when i got rear ended. i fixed my car myself, and had a little bit of money left over, and jason (white) was nice enough to sell me his injectors and chip to use on my car, since im in the same club as he is, and he was upgrading. i had no idea, once again. I DO have to spend my money wisely, when i do have it, and of course, that would mean searching for the BEST deal on parts that i can find. if that means waiting for a while before i get the parts, then thats what i have to do, and USUALLY everything turns out fine, and im happy, because i had been making money off parts i sold, and in turn buying new parts, with no overall budget increase. lets see, i sold my original GN wheels that were on the car, for over 200 bucks, and then, found 2 in a warehouse in birmingham, with original tires on them, for 35 bucks. then, i got 2 more at the nationals for 50, because they had surface rust. i polished off the rust, and now i have a full set of wheels AND tires for 85 bucks, instead of 200. i use the rest of the money to fix things that need fix the air conditioning, and then the rest goes to pay for the fun parts. If i had to purchase BRAND NEW "real parts", well, that means i wont get any parts. things are just plain expensive. i am very fortunate for what i have, and i am very happy with the fact that i have made it a nicer car, and faster car, for as cheap as possible. There is some merit there. anyone can go out and buy a crapload of parts from some vendor, bolt em on, and go fast, but its not as easy when you dont have the $$$$.

T"""""hat deserves a "bull$hit" thrown on it...Buy the real stuff and quit beggin the parts... """"""

???? i never asked for any parts, i merely asked for help in tuning WHAT I HAVE available to me. I cant just say, "oh, well, 350 bucks, thats not that bad, ill send a check in and ill be up and running by the end of the week", i gotta say, "well, i screwed up again, now how can i make what i have work for me, until i can save up enough money to buy a chip" then, i have to ask you guys, because you are the best help i have. you have so many answers, and you have so much experience, there really isnt anywhere else to turn.

ElevensecGN, the problem i have in buying and selling crap, is this. I am too trusting. i figure, this guy is selling a power plate on ebay, and its 11 bucks cheaper, im gonna bid on it, i win, and then i find that its fake AFTER i bought it. i never questioned him. i would never question any of you either. i sold a set of GTA wheels, that i polished and painted black for my car, but didnt wanna use spacers. i got them for under 200 bucks with tires, and sold em to a guy by the name of Jay Johnson, in texas, for 100 less than my asking price, and him pay shipping, he said send it ASAP, because he was in the military, and that he would send a check out. I sent em to him, express delivery, after i spend countless hours polishing so he would be pleased with what he recieved. well, 110 bucks for shipping, and then, he closes his phone line, moves out of the apartment, and i never hear from him again. lost the money. i realized i messed up, but i still trust people. i trusted that the power plate was real, and i trusted that the max effort chip was real, ESPECIALLY when it came from jason, . he is a GREAT GUY!!! i can only hope that i ever become as good as he is with these cars.

As i said, I am not asking for parts, i never have asked or "begged" for free parts, i merely asked for help on tuning what i have to deal with. i never asked for a new power plate, i just wanted to let everyone know not to buy a fake one, and that they were out there. i couldnt believe that. I did not mean for my "im a high school kid and am low on income" statements, to sound like i was begging or asking for sympathy, i was just stating my conditions. i know all of you were at that time in your life. please dont throw up any "bull$hit" flags on me.

now, if anyone has any advice on tuning this chip, as i originally asked, please let me know. this is all i asked.

Steve Y has been very helpfull as well, and i thank him for that.
Now, lets get back to turbobuick related conversations,

thanks guys

whats with you guys?

yall need to calm down.. why are you guys getting all up in arms? he didnt ask for anything, except advice. just because hes in high school doesnt give you an excuse to belittle him. You guys make fun of him just because hes young, but hes acted more mature than all of you.. :rolleyes: