This weather has to stop

Not so sure about that.

But we're about 5,000 years over due for the next cyclic ice age. Historically they have been occurring about every 10-15 thousand years, with global warming trends in between each.
Ya see, the thing the global warming nazis wont tell you that these kind of things are cyclic (come and go). They want everybody believe that this is something new. It's not.
Ice caps melt, cool the ocean create more atmospheric moisture, winds off the cooled seas and what's left of the caps cool the air. Then everything tempers with no means to cool. Starts getting a lil warmer....then warmer....definitely not a new thing by any means. Its going to do it whether we are here or not. Even if we were never here.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

FL is suppose to surpass NY as far as population. People are moving there because it's cheaper. I wish there were jobs though

I'm NW of Houston and spent two hours wrapping pipes with blankets and towels and duct tape yesterday. For some 20* weather we're getting. I thought it was for the birds.

Don't feel so bad about it now after hearing your stories. -30s is damned cold. Anything below that is just debilitating.

Was 20° here today at 12am, been downhill ever since. -14° now, windchill -40°. Map of Indiana, red means highest level advisory, stay off roads, emergency vehicles only. Got 12 plus inches of snow with 20 - 30 mph winds. Lots of businesses closed today & tomorrow, county roads drifted closed. Even have highway plows getting stuck. Sux...
weather.JPG

map.JPG

Last edited:
It's about 7* with an anticipated windchill of -15* to -30*. Not much snow, just a little icy and windy. Lexington, KY
It was 50* yesterday!!
This morning the doors on the house and the cars were frozen. Buicks live inside the carpeted and climate controlled garage.
I'm with Heisenberg on this one... I'm heading South this year. South FL or SouthWest- maybe even further south to Costa Rica. :eek: Can't handle this cold anymore.

Although, truth be told - up until last year and of course this year, the Midwest almost forgot what snow was like.
There were a couple of years where OH & KY didn't see hardly a flake.
Still - the cold makes our lives as car guys miserable.
Not to mention the rain we get here in ATL.
I was talking to my client in Orlando today - it was like 80 the other day.
Yes - they will catch this BS cold, but it's calling for up to high 70's by end of week.
I'm there.
The only problem with Florida, unlike say Texas, is you take a pay cut generally to live there.
Everyone wants to "pay you in sunshine" as we like to say.

If there is one saving grace of this cold - it will knock down next year's bug population for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm seriously considering parking it up north of Charlie again. Not because of weather, but because this state sucks the life out of you.

I told you that before you left Dan.:p The scary thing is Bangor Maine had a higher temp then we did today.:unsure: It never made it above freezing today but should be in the 40's tomorrow and low 60's by the weekend. As far as dry goes, last rain was over 2 weeks ago and some of the fields still have water sitting on top. Ground's saturated right now so any rain ect that we may get is going to cause flooding. By the middle of next month we should be hitting 70's but will still end up with lows in the freezing zone some.;)

A balmy 10*F here in sunny ATL, @ 7Am....
I put Mr Heater in the well house last nite, left the shop heat set at 50*. Life's good.:cold::D

I'm NW of Houston and spent two hours wrapping pipes with blankets and towels and duct tape yesterday. For some 20* weather we're getting. I thought it was for the birds.

Don't feel so bad about it now after hearing your stories. -30s is damned cold. Anything below that is just debilitating.

Whats sad is Houston is suspost to be in the upper 60's by Friday.

Brandon

The weather is nuts. Hot cold hot cold hot cold. They're saying 40 by the weekend in the windy city. :confused:

Gonna be a nightmare trying to get self service car wash back up and running. Everything froze solid and will require all new guns swivels etc. Fun! :ROFLMAO:

It was 6 degrees this morning......plus the winds blowing 20 mph....

Damn t didn't want to start it's so cold outside...........

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

18 this morning in this part of Florida. We are not used to it. Two kids were sent to the hospital today for hypothermia after the school bus picked them up.

It was 2 deg this morning when I got up after the power went out on us at least a dozen times throughout the course of the day. This weather sucks!

I was in the kitchen last night around midnight and opened the door to the garage to check on the car and it felt like i went outside,i could see my breath. The windchill temp was -32 degrees. I sat my small elec. heater in front of the car and left it on all day and will keep it on for the rest of tonight until this Polar vortex is gone.

I have never seen it this cold ever.

Well I checked about 10 minutes ago and it's 39 here so there shouldn't be any issues except in very far north Texas now.(y)