This is just sick and wrong..

Robbie-87plz said:
Some people should be taken out back and be taught a lesson.

Agreed and I would be happy to help with the lesson (beating)....

:mad:

That's just as bad as a couple of homies around here. One slammed a GN (heated coils), put gold spokes and gold white walls on it and changed all the blackout trim to gold. I've checked the VIN after seeing it in a parking lot and it is a turbo car VIN. The car still sounds like it has a turbo motor. I've tried to buy the car several times, but he will not sell. The other bought the Turbo Limited I looked at about 6 months ago. It now sports a bass boat metal flake funky yellow paint job and 20's. I'll try to get some pics some time.

6APPEAL said:
That's just as bad as a couple of homies around here. One slammed a GN (heated coils), put gold spokes and gold white walls on it and changed all the blackout trim to gold. I've checked the VIN after seeing it in a parking lot and it is a turbo car VIN. The car still sounds like it has a turbo motor. I've tried to buy the car several times, but he will not sell. The other bought the Turbo Limited I looked at about 6 months ago. It now sports a bass boat metal flake funky yellow paint job and 20's. I'll try to get some pics some time.
there are plenty around my parts with either 20's or wires or 20 inch gold wires. Infact there was a shooting last night in pittsburgh and the guy that got shot was sittin in a silver T on 20 inch wires.

Bass boat metal flake paint! I thought that type of paint job reminded me of something :biggrin: It is pathetic that G bodies are popular for this fad.

Blanket party. Big time. It's a goddamn good thing I don'y know that guys' address.

not only sick & wrong , but disgusting ! i hate it when a knucklehead get hold of a GN and do some sh!t like that. you'll never see a HEMI CUDA, LS6 CHEVELLE or DODGE VIPER looking like that !

Actually there is a guy around the corner from me with a 72 Chevelle that now wears 20's. Young, respectable looking guy, until..... you listen to him talk. All the typical ebonics slang and ideas about what makes the car look and sound good. Jeez :rolleyes: !

Dang....He be trippin now. At be one bumpin ride, yo. I thought I waz pimpin' wit' my T on 17's. I'z got to go bak to the trailr park now. I got ta slap my ho and get her offa that welfare juice so I can git me sum of them. Then I can put my 17's on my Yugo wit its 'raulics and 15 jigawat stereo (thanks prof. Brown for dat flux-thigamajig), it be one bangin ride. Park it in da hood wid my slammed 4x4 'burban and my in da weeds dually 1-ton. I'd have the dopest skreet in all North Cakalacky. Ricers suxs. Pimp out American. WORD.....PEACE.

But seriously and thankfully those are still the exception and not the norm in N.C. but they are gaining popularity all of the time. So far it seems to be mostly limited to otherwise uncollectworthy cars. 60-70s 4-door big cars and 70-80s intermediates plain Montes, Regals, Malibus. It makes sense to an extent. Instead of taking a $40,000+ 4x4 dually, dropping it and ruining it for the purpose for which it was intended. They take a $400 Caprice add $100 worth of bondo put up in the air with $4,000+ worth of rims and a high quality paint job. (I work in an autoparts store and I know of one regal owner who bought 17 spray cans of color change paint. De-pressurized the cans with a freon tap and sprayed his car with that and cleared it. It actually turned out pretty good, considering.) You end up with a $5,000 dollar car that you don't have to have full coverage on, you didn't ruin the utility of it and since it rode like a barge to start with riding like a wagon is not a problem. And it draws it's shares of looks although most of them are saying "What the he??" Not to mention the laughs it gets when they are trying to park. They're two schools of modification to me. Function and form. When I see a mod done just for form that ruins the function I have to ask why? Take a collectible muscle car and it does hurt my heart when it is ruined like this. It is the current answer to low-riders and rice. I think I prefer rice.