Thinking about upgrading need help

MiamiGN3.8

well i just got my 87 gn like i always wanted. I just did as much as i can with restoing including having the car painted and small maintenance. Now i bought this car for $5,400 and it had soem small rust and needed a paint job but most important it's all stock. Like I wanted. Now thaqt i'm pretty much done with restoration i'm looking on upgrading.
What i'm looking for is geting the most amount of horsepower and pretty much keeping the lower block stock except for a girdle. Also i know i have to upgrade the injectors, fuel pump, cam , head bolts, etc. but what i'm looking is to get the most i can and still be safe. please let me know what combo I could use to reach my goals. Also remeber i hate turbo lag so i want it to come in real fast. thanks

no help anyone???
atleast tell me what turbo to go with and what's the most horse power i can get on stock internals...

I've had a TA-60 and now have a PT-51. I like the 60 but the 51 really pulls harder on the top end. I would recommend either of these turbos. Just remember, if you buy new only buy from John Craig.

I'm looking for the maximum horsepower from a stock internal motor.

yeah i heard nothing but good things about john. does he have a website I can check out. I would like to pick up a turbo, some injectors, a chip, and fuel pump.

what does the TA-60 and PT-51 put out in power and how much boost an i run on pump and how much on C-16

Both of these have the capabilities to push around 580hp with the supported mods, supposedly. Both will take you deep in the 11's. On pump gas I only run around 15-16psi on 110 race gas around 23psi. I'm fixing to get an alcohol kit so I can run more boost, 20psi hopefully, on the street. LimitEngineering.com for John Craig, Racetronix for the injectors, pump and Eric Marshall at TurboTweak.com for your chips.

Mami Gn guess we are in the same boat.. I just posted the same question..
I will delete mine & see if you get any more help.

TURBO MAC-DADDY

Jack Cotton at www.cottonsperformance.com

Any one would be doing themselves a BIGGGG favor by
yakkin' with Jack before making a turbo selection.

(Do a SEARCH on Jack...no one beats Jack on Customer Service.)

HTH :)

What intercooler you going to be running?? What heads are you going to be running. No turbo lag on a maxxed out stock lower end TR is a pipe dream at best.

Your post is kinda all over the place. It is alot easier to determine a combination (rather than just a turbo) when you have an ET goal in mind. If you don't want lag or things to break, stay near the 12's. Cut and past my home page and read the part I put in there about modding your car. It may help a little.

Regards, Scott

i know what your saying. i'm not trying to be the fastest car . i'm just trying to get the most I can get out of the stock block without doing any major work. I want the best boost response, most amount of hp, and best 1/4 time i can get wiithout breaking anything. Later i do plan on building a block but still not sure weather to use the factory block or useing a stage 2 block. I might just drop some rods and pistons on a factory block though.

Max out the stock combo first. High 7's (mid to high 12s) will beat a lot of "street" cars at a dragstrip. Helps to learn a lot about these cars before upgrading.....boost, fuel pressure, chips, launch, tires, exhaust, etc.

There's a lot of variables to learn something about, and changing one thing at a time is the best method. The hard launch ability and torque of the TRs will beat higher hp cars:cool:

there are alot of options here and most people here will have a different opinion on what works and does not. However if you go to the gnttype.org there are some very good and well documented combinations that will get you to your goal. Also if this is stock unopened engine, leave the heads alone. They will actually go 10's. Follow the spring cleaning and basic mods and go from there. Hope this helps.