Think I've maxed out my injectors.

1 in 2000

84 GN
Installed my new alky system which is a kick in the butt when it comes on :cool: but I still cannot raise boost or timing without knock and low O2's :frown:. Injectors are stock and have about 126K on them, so it looks like I've milked them for all there worth, and some :redface:. 60# injectors, valve springs (while I'm in there) and chip upgrade. My accountant (wife) is going to love this, although you'd think she should be getting used to it by now, even expecting it.

I wonder if switching to a good drug addiction may be more economical.:biggrin:

Installed my new alky system which is a kick in the butt when it comes on :cool: but I still cannot raise boost or timing without knock and low O2's :frown:. Injectors are stock and have about 126K on them, so it looks like I've milked them for all there worth, and some :redface: . . . . . . /QUOTE]

How did you determine the injectors are maxed out per the title? :confused:

Are you running faster than 12.0 in the quarter? If not, I dought you've run out of injector with alky. You need to look for other issues with the low O2 counts and knock retard. The injectors may be bad but you're out flowing them unless you're running faster than above. Plus I see you've only got a single 7gph nozzle most use at least a 10. Since the one you have is pre-turbo I'd add another post turbo. Maybe a 10gph.

Hi guys, Im not sure what else to look for, car runs great, lots of pull, FP is good.
My O2's are mid 600's when I start getting knock. I raised the fuel in the chip 15% with little or no change. I'd definitely tap the turbo adaptor with another nozzel while doing a injector swap.

Hi guys, Im not sure what else to look for, car runs great, lots of pull, FP is good.
My O2's are mid 600's when I start getting knock. I raised the fuel in the chip 15% with little or no change. I'd definitely tap the turbo adaptor with another nozzel while doing a injector swap.

Re FP: It is good at boost?
Did the IDC and O2's go up when you added fuel?

FP is good high 50's @ boost, O2's no major change, around 665 w/ 12# boost 6 KR when I let off. IDC?

FP is good high 50's @ boost, O2's no major change, around 665 w/ 12# boost 6 KR when I let off. IDC?

Sorry . . IDC = Injector Duty Cycle

Edit:
You are in no way close to maxing the injectors at 12 PSI . . . even without alky. (Stock turbo?)
The injectors may be dirty though . . . Try to pulll the plugs as a misfire can result in high O2 reading.

If FP is in the high 50's @ 12 PSI boost, your base is higher than expected, which is not a real issue for now.
Is the TPS going past 4.5V and did you mat the throttle to get into Power Enrichment mode (PE) ? (Believe me, this is hard to do when you are chasing KR.)

Didn't get a chance to look into it tonight Jerryl. Thanks for sticking with me on this, I'll get back with some more info. ASAP.

Jerryl, you may be on to something "spark plugs". Im currently running those fancy, expensive Denso iridium plugs. I looked around the net and sure enough there's many complaints concerning detonation under boost and/or injection. What do you think? Oh and I also discovered a dr side exhaust manifold leak.

Jerryl, you may be on to something "spark plugs". Im currently running those fancy, expensive Denso iridium plugs. I looked around the net and sure enough there's many complaints concerning detonation under boost and/or injection. What do you think? Oh and I also discovered a dr side exhaust manifold leak.

Try regular AC24's and gap at 0.030-0.032 to rule out a misfire.
They are cheap enough and really yhe cheapest thing in these cars. :D

The exh. leak needs to be fixed. Read up on "how to" fix it.
It will be like a different car once you do that. :cool:

Keep us posted how it goes.

Well.... Changed the plugs, decided to go with the NGK UR5's. The old ones were intact, no pitting, and had good color. I'm running 18psi with a little more timing and zero knock :) I'm still not going to be satisfied until I get the injectors and valve springs replaced, that will likely wait till Spring. Meanwhile I need to play around with the alky pump pressure to see if the car likes more or less.

So, the plugs resolved it the O2 and KR issues?
That was too simple :cool: . . .(Joke)