Things to do in Boston?

WeAreVenom

I'm taking a solo-vacation to Boston in a few weeks and was wondering if any locals or other vacationers could suggest some interesting things to do/see while I'm there? I'm not a huge History buff but I do plan on checking out the "Freedom Trail" and parts of Boston Harbor/Navy Yard. I've also heard that there is a lot of things to do around Boston Common. It was also suggested to me to take a trip up to Salem which sounds like fun. I'll be there for about a week so any advice would be great.

USS Constitution:

uss-constitution.jpg

Freedom Trail:

Freedomtrail.jpg

I want to do the Duck Tour. That looks fun and you get a good look at the city.
There's always NED on Wednesday night.

New England Dragway!:)
Street night Wed and Fri.

If Ya like GAMBLING & BROADS

You could venture to FOXWOODS/ MOHEGAN SUN CT for GAMBLING

ON the WAY to CT stop at the RHODE ISLAND Strip clubs. ;)

If you are from Texas, you will be disappointed with the ladies at our gentlemans clubs. I have been to Texas and seen the women there.

The Duck Tour might be expensive but it is pretty interesting. I grew up here and learned alot on the tour so I would recommend it.

I would also HIGHLY recommend going to Fenway Park. You can get to the park about an hour before game time, wait in line and get standing room only tickets. I think they are about $20. You wont have a seat but you will be able to wander around the entire park and obviously there are "standing room only" sections where you can watch the game. If you are solo, you can probably get a pretty good seat if you want to cough up the $.

I am not sure why someone recommended going to Salem. There isnt alot going on there until late October. Like the 31st. Otherwise, skip it.

If you want to go to the beach, head to Cape Cod. Lots of nice beaches and lots of good seafood restaurants.

Have a safe trip.

We went last year to a Ranger game at Fenway.
I guess the thing we liked best was the JKF Library.
We rode the subways everywhere.
Thing I noticed was they did not have a gas station / convenience store on every corner like Texas but they sure do have a lot of Dunkin Donuts

Go to Fenway for sure, great place to see a game. Been up there twice this year.

Aquarium is nice. "Cheers" bar on Beacon St, used to hang out there back in the 70's when it was known as Bull & Finch. More of a tourist trap now. They also have a replica at Fanueil Hall.:rolleyes:

You can always take the Grumpy beach tour.:D

I went to Boston in June and absolutely loved it other than the fact that it rained each day. The subways are easy to get around on, though I made the mistake of filling up a subway card at the airport. Make sure that the places you want to go are on actual subway routes, not commuter rail - those are different tickets.

Fenway was great. Highly recommended. The Freedom Trail is interesting and I believe that you can pick up free tour guides at the start in the Commons. I also went out to the ICA for the Sheperd Fairy exhibit.

I'd recommend walking up into the north end - very old school area up in there. Newbury Street is cool to walk up and down and look at all the shops - plus Newbury Comics is there.

There's a great restaurant on Boylston Street called the Parish Cafe - great food and better craft beer selection.

Things I didn't make it to were the Sam Adams tour, Harvard's campus or MIT. All of which I think you can easily get to by commuter rail.

I would never drive in that city...

If you are from Texas, you will be disappointed with the ladies at our gentlemans clubs. I have been to Texas and seen the women there..

He AIN't KIDDIN about the strip clubs.. Not much in beauty.

If ya like latinos, asians, darkside then OK.. Otherwise the white women are non TEXAS like.

Put it this way do you ever see New england women in the final 5 at miss America pagents????? maybe when there was 13 colonies LOL
:eek:

The price has never been anywhere near $85. It just went to $30 for an adult this year as a matter of fact. Maybe you're confusing them with some other amphibious, sightseeing tour company?