They shipped me 2 turbos... Anybody want the other one??

I don't think that those are fake, but I would guess for industrial use for maybe a power plant, or for oil pipeline use, or water use.

Minimum boost=2500 psi:D That's the same turbo that Mustang owners run thier mouths on!;)

My guess would be one of the oil tankers. Have you ever seen the motors on those things. Each piston is like 10' wide and the valves are about the size of a small kitchen table.

Originally posted by BuickMike
Will those spool well with a stock D5 converter??? ;)

I dont think so...I would guess you would need to have it restalled to maybe 3200 or so. That should work out just fine then, lag should be minimal at a 3200 stall, ;) LOL

I would have to guess they are used for pumping natural gas, but it is only a guess. Could also be used for pumping air but who knows.

I would have to guess it would take a jet engine to spool them though.

I think that 1badTTA has it. Years back I worked for a place named Swearingen Bros and Roto-Flow Mfg., and we built turbos about that size, and they were for natural gas and the oil industry. We would chain hoist the parts onto a steel surface plate and take dims via a height gage.

Are y'all saying that these are turbos for the engines that power the pumps, or that they are the pumps themselves? If the latter, then what powers the turbine?

I could see compressor like pumps that are driven by some sort of motor or engine, along the lines of a centrifical supercharger, but it would seem very inefficient to blow a fluid thru a turbine to turn a compressor (pump) unless you had a readily available source of pressurized air (like engine exhaust).

Maybe that isn't a turbine behind the compressor. But doesn't that look kind of like big cylinder heads that the supports are hooked to?

I certainly don't know the answers, but I am curious as to the rest of the story on some of the suggestions.

Tom

Cool, but 2 questions: 1.) Is it a 3 bolt or a 4 bolt 2.) Can I use my stock turbo-shield or do I have to modify it?:confused:
p.s. I think that's what all the ricer's think they have

Originally posted by 87regal
I dont think so...I would guess you would need to have it restalled to maybe 3200 or so. That should work out just fine then, lag should be minimal at a 3200 stall, ;) LOL

if its a dual BB turbo a D5 will be fine. :D

Originally posted by 87regal
Through our extensive R&D and testing we would suggest a Precision 9.5" 3000 stall multi disk lockup. It's the only converter to use.