The official V8 build begins

Hey Louie can you Make me a set of headers like that for Big Block Chevy ?

I could, but there is lots of info involved in something like this. Cant build a set long distance and expect them to fit. Really the car would be needed and most of all it would take some decent $$$$;)

Headers, WG and BOV are on. Working on the AC block off plate next. More pics in my photobucket.

100_1011.jpg

100_1012.jpg

Been tying up loose ends. Trunk is almost finished. Just waiting on some braided hose to arrive. The turbo oil return pump-system is plumbed and ready.

Driveshaft should be here in the next few days.

So far were looking good for a End of Oct. start up.

Attachments

• oil pump.JPG
    oil pump.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 911
  • Trunk almost done.JPG
    Trunk almost done.JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 902
Louie,
If you car is going to be ready by the end of October....
Just one more reason to call in sick and come to Reynolds!! Besides you are going to miss alot of Tricks N TREATS :biggrin:

~ Holly Hartline

PS - Your part will arrive Thursday!

ED,
I will be there , but the car will not be there. At this time , the year is a wash for us. Thats ok. It gives me some time to shake the car down. Im sending u an email.

Will you be partaking with bama's g-body posse in Bradenton?? We've got a toter home and 40ft stacker for the trip.

update

Louie, so when are you going to be running it at the track? By the way the headers have came a long way. Look very nice and should be effective. What is the life expectancy of those with the type of power your aiming for? EGT, wear & tear, east coast ocean air, etc.

Hey Louie can you Make me a set of headers like that for Big Block Chevy ?

These are for sale. All 321 tigged & purged with argon. Parting out the combo. Turbos, liquid intercooler, etc. Build was a 72 ss camaro with a dart big m 540. Power adders twin gt42r's for a street car but economy took it's toll on his business so the car went bye bye. Louie's buddy Cal seen the craftsmanship of the car when it still had the small 500 inch motor with the f2 on it before it went to twin turbos. Just thought I would throw it out there as he has no use for any of it now. A friend of mine here in the tampa florida area.

Attachments

• 540TT.jpg
    540TT.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 811
  • 540TT2.jpg
    540TT2.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 779
Wes, the consensus is that some portions of the headers will change colors, but will still look better than the black coating with some care.

I dont know about the other conditions you have mentioned, but i have seen black 2000 type coatings rust thru the coating. The silver is many times more resistent to that.

Louie, so when are you going to be running it at the track? By the way the headers have came a long way. Look very nice and should be effective. What is the life expectancy of those with the type of power your aiming for? EGT, wear & tear, east coast ocean air, etc.

These are for sale. All 321 tigged & purged with argon. Parting out the combo. Turbos, liquid intercooler, etc. Build was a 72 ss camaro with a dart big m 540. Power adders twin gt42r's for a street car but economy took it's toll on his business so the car went bye bye. Louie's buddy Cal seen the craftsmanship of the car when it still had the small 500 inch motor with the f2 on it before it went to twin turbos. Just thought I would throw it out there as he has no use for any of it now. A friend of mine here in the tampa florida area.

Thanks but I'm looking for single turbo set up

I have been reading about the aluminum dp's over on the YB forums. What wall thickness? I hear it only needs to be thick upto the first turn. Are you going to install a couple of v-bands so you can pull a section of the DP out to get to the plugs?
I would like to see more pics. Thanks
Terry

I have been following this thread for a while, cant wait to see some video!!!!

It depends who you speak to wether you should use 11g on the 1st bend or not.
Mine is 14g all the way. Ive been advised by several racers that the 14 will survive just fine. We will see.

DP is almost done. Just needs some final welding.:cool: The inner fender will need some major trimming.:eek:

Attachments

• DP.JPG
    DP.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 1,324
  • Photo0531.jpg
    Photo0531.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 1,303
DP is done. Muffler is a Vibrant stainless 5x5 unit.

Attachments

• Aluminum DP.JPG
    Aluminum DP.JPG
    107.2 KB · Views: 1,227
  • Aluminum DP muff.JPG
    Aluminum DP muff.JPG
    104.4 KB · Views: 1,219