The Numbers Game with the (SPI) Trunk ID Label - Kirban

Cannot wait to see where it was Dennis..

Ty

kirban 2 cents worth

The guy did tell me he was going to some event in Salinas this weekend/...the town just came to me as I member it began with the letter F funny word...fond it on the map Frontenac....as he did say he lived a good distance from the event he was going to....guy has several 390 and 427 cars....

Neat guy to talk to....

no need to tell you or sixbanger where in Kansas it is....rite?

kirban

kirban 2 cents worth

The guy did tell me he was going to some event in Salinas this weekend/...the town just came to me as I member it began with the letter F funny word...fond it on the map Frontenac....as he did say he lived a good distance from the event he was going to....guy has several 390 and 427 cars....

Neat guy to talk to....

no need to tell you or sixbanger where in Kansas it is....rite?

kirban

Dang, no kidding, Frontenac is in the South East part of the state... I just worked a weekend farm show in Pittsburg Ks that touches up to Frontenac.....

Long ways from SIXBANGER and Myself...

Back on topic.

Thanks Dk--
Ty

Infiniti M series
Peugeot 505

kirban 2 cents worth

still wrong on the M question...need to re-read the clues the M series is specific to one of the numbers that is also used for the BMW plus I state it appeared over 35 years ago.....

I will even throw out another clue....

It is a US PRODUCED VEHICLE....

Keep trying.....

kirbanperformance.com

I can see on the map it would be quite a drive from frontenac to Salina...not exactly a straight route....I passed thru Kansas awhile ago from the west coast over route 90 down to I think 29 to 70 east...it was a 9,206 mile road trip......

Frontenac is 515 miles from me. It is in the southeast corner. I am in the northwest corner. About as far away as we can be.

It doesnt have a power seat or power trunk lock.The exhaust is a pypes system.Everything in my sig is what i have done to it.I think the dash reads buick and then regal under it.I have done a carfax and it came up clean,but i know it was broken into and maybe it was stloen at on point.The door lock was pryed out and the metal around it is still bent.I am planing on stripping the car to bare metal and repainting it but i havnt had the time.Its a very solid car but needed alot of work,and still does.So far i rebuilt the motor and trans,put the exhaust on,wheels and tires made it drivable.Paint and interior next.Thanks for all your help,i wish the darn trunk sticker was there so i know more about it,but i guess dont matter what its still a turbo regal and its a hell of alot of fun to drive.

kirban 2 cents worth

The only issue you may have regarding the trunk ID label....is if you decide to sell it. Like you stated someone may have stolen it at one time...if so that is one thing a thief does is remove that label sometimes since it has the VIN number on it. So car does have the 17 digit vin up by the windshield?

a hardtop is a desireable feature.

keep at it....those designer series paint schemes look great with the 16 by 8 style gnx rims.

kirban

kirban 2 cents worth

As promised here is the next contest.....

Eligible everyone except any Turbo Buick employees

Prize value is $25

One answer per post per each question I have asked.

Your answer has to match mine.

Background:

As many of you know in the BMW performance world the M models are the quickest ones in the pack. Rare ones would be the M1. The M3 is probably the most popular one in production. The M5 is the 4 door sedan version that caddy has been chasing after with the V series CTS and STS models. The M6 is not a very popular model.

Over 30 plus years ago another company had a M model.

What was the M model I am thinking of?

What vehicle manufacturer produced it?

Most of us are familar with the different makers of jeans that you wear. One such version is the 505 jeans made by one of the major companies.

The model 505 also relates to what car company that had a 505 model?

So this contest requires 3 correct answers in the SAME post to be declared a winner.

The clock is ticking.....

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

kirban 2 cents worth

Bumping contest to current page.

Vehicle was made in the USA.

To end confusion you are seeking a M model that is based on one of the exact same M codes listed in the BMW blurb I posted above.

the clock continues to tick....

kirban

1948 Studebaker M5 Stationwagon
Peugeot 505

kirban 2 cents worth

In a round about way you are correct....answer I was seeking was the truck M5 which that wagon is based on...

send me pm with your address again and list what you have won in the past.

On a side note of interest concerning Studebaker trucks back then M5 I had a 1/2 ton and a 1 1/2 ton version

Studebaker was really ahead of the game back then. Those M5 trucks had interchangeable front and rear fenders. Also the front bumper was exactly the same as the rear bumper. The bed was steel not wood. Member this is 1947.
Pretty advanced for the time period....

New trivia coming soon.

kirban

As mentioned before the Puegot 505 series.
And the M series your looking for is a Studebaker M series truck. Made from 1941-1948. Attached a pic I found for reference.
http://studetrucks.tripod.com/m47newl.jpg.
Shot in the dark.

kirban 2 cents worth

Somehow my computer screen missed your guess.

To avoid conflicts....you are also a winner..

Send me pm with your address and you will get same prize see next post on M5 trucks....I owned 2 of them years ago...

the shot in the dark worked....

kirban

kirban 2 cents worth

Next contest.....

no prizes as this is a quickee fill in

anyone can play

As answer requires a total of 4 correct answers

Your answer has to agree 100% with mine.

TSGX

Using the 4 letters posted above.

Two letters get used in both model IDs

Both model IDs refer to two different American car performance models.

Tell me the car make and model of each (4 answers total)

the clock is ticking.......

kirban

Thanks Dennis , and thanks SIXBANGR for being cool about it. Cool game when you have time to kill. Dennis you have a PM.
Thanks again,
JD

Well, heres possible answers for the new question.
XT: 1968 XT Falcon GT
GS: 1965-69 Buick Skylark GS
GS: 1965-1975 Buick Riviera GS
GT:1968–1976 Dodge Dart GT
Not to sure on the GT, just because it could have such a wide variety of answers from what I listed above to 1966–1969 Ford Fairlane GT, 1968–1974 Ford Torino GT.
Probably not going to get due to the excess in answers but...worth a shot.
Hope I didnt spoil it.
Thanks again,
JD